Purpose of the Job :
• Troubleshooting of Rolling Stock units in order to ensure their availability.
• Carry out the test of trains in accordance with the testing procedure and as per the delivery schedule
Position in the organisatio,
• Hierarchical Reporting: Project Warranty Manager & Test and Commissioning Manager
• Operational Reporting: Depot Manager
Key Network & Links
Internal Project Manager, PrTCM, Project Team, C&W team, Reliability Gross & Warranty Expert,
External - Customer & External Suppliers, Maintenance team, Train drivers
• Availability & Reliability of trains as per the contractual terms & conditions
• Respect the Cost /Budget of the work package / aligned with work progress
• Customer Satisfaction
• EHS Performance
People : Includes direct reports
Relationships with project team members and overseas business units.
Performance Measurement :
• Time to intervention (mobilisation time)
• Technical competence and autonomy (duration of intervention)
• Quality of failure diagnosis
• Compliance with EHS rules and work related processes
• Ensure troubleshooting on trains during Commissioning, Validation and Certification runs and Warranty according to state-of-art and best practice.
• Ensure validity and certification of relevant tools
• Populate relevant failure data base (FRACAS, Railsys Light, )
• Guarantee information flow within the trouble shooting team
• Contribute to Reliability Growth and Return of Experience
• Provide support in special cases (FMI, )
• Respect EHS rules and any work related processes
• Understand in detail the Acceptance Criteria of the customer for the Project/Product.
• Respect with rigour the test procedures.
• Manage the repair of failures as soon as they appear.
• Trace with precision and rigour each failure.
• In case of unsolved deviations, escalate to the operationnal Manager.
• Propose improvement of the process.
• Work in a team spirit and transparency with its shift and the other shift.
• Ensure Interface and perfect working relationship with : Test Engineering Technician, train operator technician, customer
• Escalate any non-up-to-date testing tools.
• Should be aware of their KPI s and and performance on the repective KPI s.
• Reports Deviations, Near-misses and Accidents.
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
• Team oriented with the ability to work independently
• Customer Focus / Management skills
• Prepared and able to work in a fast paced environment
• High level of professionalism
• EH&S Performance
Technical Skills & Competencies
• Fluent in English
Warranty implementation trouble shooter