Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Electrical Supervisor (Master)
Electrical Supervisor (AN)
The Electrical Supervisor will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for taking ownership of all facility electric and related projects to include maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and related O&M electrical projects. This position will report to the Assistant O&M Manager or designee. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Perform work required for the repair, maintenance, installation and modernization of electrical systems for site building's equipment.
• Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
• Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning, repairing, or replacing motors.
• Test electrical equipment such as motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
• Install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
• Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
• Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the Assistant O&M Manager.
• Perform inspections and prepares written reports.
• Maintain effective, timely, and respectful communication and interaction with other employees and manager and support other organizations.
• Perform other administrative tasks when directed, including material ordering, inventory, work scheduling and report preparation.
• Responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the electrical operation.
• Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety and electrical codes.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: o Two (2) years experience as a Master Electrician, ten (10) years experience as a Journeyman Electrician or meet any state licensing board requirements for a Master Electrician license.
• Five (5) years electrical experience in operations and maintenance services.
• Three (3) years experience in an Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) environment.
• Experience working with SOW, electrical diagrams, and blueprints.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: o Knowledge of applicable US Codes and acceptable trade practices.
• Previous electrical experience in an OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical trade, related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
• Must have good organizational and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. o Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel. o Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team. o Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED. Electrician vocational diploma or successfully completed an apprentice program with a Journeyman license or equivalent experience.
• Licenses and Certifications: o Valid drivers license from Home of Record. o Current Master Electrician license (must hold prior to hire date or able to obtain a Master Electrician license within 180 days employment).
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Knowledge in the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an international environment.
• Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
• Experience working with PAE.