Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Journeyman Electrician Lead will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. This is a technical position, the duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• The Journeyman Electrician Lead is responsible for supervising a staff of American and Foreign Nationals
• Completing reports and performing administrative duties
• Responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the electrical shop
• Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
• Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment
• Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
• Using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments
• Maintains and repairs interior building electrical distribution including switchgear, uninterrupted power supplies, wiring, breaker panels, and electrical distribution system, switches, outlets, light fixtures, exit lights, and mounted emergency lights
• Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
• Education : A high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have an Electrician Vocational Diploma or completed an Apprentice Program with a Journeyman Certificate
• State License or Certification from home state
• Experience : Must have a minimum 5 years of supervising experience
• Must have 3 years experience as a Journeyman Electrician
• Must be an expert in all facets in all areas of medium and low voltage installations, alterations, troubleshooting, and analysis
• Security Vetting : Must possess an active DOD or DOS Secret security clearance, and maintaining eligibility for the duration of the contract
• Language Skills : Professional English communication skills, both oral and written
• Citizenship : US Citizenship is required for this position
• Medical : Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in operating and supporting electrical functions at an overseas facility
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair