Tasks, Activities, Expectations with relation to:
Areas of Accountability:
1. To assist the Principal in planning, managing, and monitoring the school s academic delivery and instructional program.
2. Participating in staff & management meetings.
3. Manage and schedule daily academic staff absences. Coordinate with the KG coordinator to make sure that there are no gaps.
4. Conduct daily walkthroughs of ES classrooms as scheduled every week. Record the observations on RenWeb and provide feedback to teachers.
5. To work with the ES Principal, HS Administrators, Academic Coordinator & Social workers with harmony, mutual respect and professionalism.
6. Attend meetings:
1. Weekly management meeting (Every Tuesday).
2. Occasional special meetings with the management on Saturdays should there be a need.
7. To complete updates of student/ parent and teacher manuals in March of every year for the following academic year.
8. Ensure that there are enough bilingual teaching assistants from Pre-K to Grade 2, as per the budget. Conduct appropriate interviews from shortlisted candidates recommended by the HR department.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. To support the Principal in conducting formal teacher evaluations using Charlotte Danielson framework:
a. Probationary review for new staff to be completed by October 10th of each year. And then a second review which needs to be done at the end of the year (due by March 30th).
b. Returning teachers have two formal evaluations: one by November 30th and the second one needs be completed by March 30th
2. To support the principal in ensuring that accreditation objectives of CBS are met.
3. To ensure that the policies and procedures for opening day are in place 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the new academic year (August/ September).
4. Assist the Principal in providing in-servicing for staff. All Professional Development (in school or outside) must be implemented in school to benefit student learning. Daily walk-throughs are also important to support teachers with improving instructional delivery.
Areas of Accountability:
1. Work closely with the Curriculum team (Principal, Academic Coordinator, Literacy Coach and Social worker) to coordinate, monitor and improve student performance ensuring compliance with the academic and intervention program.
2. The Maths and literacy improvement plan is to be implemented for elementary. The implementation is to be carried out as per the 5 year plan.
3. To ensure on a periodic basis that all curriculum plans and assessments of teachers are completed and uploaded to the ERP and Moodle on the specified dates.
4. Assessment dates are to be set by May of the current year for the following year. The same dates could be followed year after year with small adjustments. E.g. Diagnostic, Formative, Summative and MAPS.
5. Ensure that the teachers use the exemplars lesson plans available on RenWeb or submit amended lesson plans to the Vice-Principal and Academic Coordinator for approval latest by Wednesday of the current week. Lesson plans of Grade 1 to grade 3 are to be reviewed by the Vice-Principal.
6. Ensure that teachers enter student grades on RenWeb grade book in a timely manner. Quarterly reports to the management are prepared based on the marks entered. Academic progress and decisions on improving student learning are made based on the assessment entries. Therefore, it is important to ensure efficacy and timely mark entry.
7. To work with the curriculum team (Academic Coordinator, Principal and Divisional leaders) and conduct quarterly curriculum reviews in October, December March and May.
8. Assist the Mathematics / ESL coordinators and use diagnostic assessments to manage student enrolment into the intervention programs, ensuring all struggling students enter the program.
9. Professional development for Arabic staff & Islamic staff on the Ontario curriculum.
10. Ensure that when staff attend outside school PD sessions, they return and share what they have acquired during PD with all remaining staff through in-service training sessions and this information must be posted on Moodle- the idea is to promote knowledge sharing which is in the end meant to benefit the students of CBS.
11. Maintain a commitment to developing knowledge and career growth opportunities for all academic staff in elementary school by ensuring that staff participates in professional development programs.
12. Should a situation arise where a teacher is needed, the elementary Vice-Principal should for a short period handle a teaching role in the elementary department.