Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
This is a supervisory position in the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Department based at the Baghdad Embassy Compound (BEC) in Baghdad, Iraq and will be associated with the Operations & Maintenance, Support Services (OMSS) contract. The Elevator Mechanic is responsible for the proper maintenance and repair of the mechanical systems, and ancillary components to ensure proper certification and licensing, and continuous operation of Embassy elevators. This position reports to the O&M Manager.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Locates and determines causes of trouble in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems using test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters; disassembles defective units and repairs or replaces parts including locks, gears, cables, and faulty safety devices.
• Lubricates bearings and other parts to minimize friction.
• Installs or repairs transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment
• Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the equipment
• Performs preventative maintenance in accordance with published schedules, operating procedures and equipment warranties. Provides input to upgrade content and frequency of preventative maintenance tasks.
• Conducts tests of equipment using voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, continuity testers, feeler gauges, frequency counters and other test equipment considered tools of the trade.
• Other special projects and duties as assigned.
• Experience with Otis Service Tool required.
• Experience with Otis GEN2 MRL Elevators a plus
• Three to five years experience in the testing, inspection, repair and servicing of elevators.
• Experience must include familiarity with working sketches, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams and manufacturers operations and maintenance manuals.
• Knowledge of applicable US Electrical Codes and acceptable trade practices.
• Familiar with annual maintenance requirements and load testing procedures.
• Education : A high school diploma or GED is required. Strongly preferred is either an apprentice program with a Elevator Journeyman's Certificate or a Certificate from a state level or from a major elevator manufacture.
• Security Vetting : Must possess an active DOS or DoD Top Secret security clearance certification as required by the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required security level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position.
• Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
• Relevant overseas elevator experience.
• Experience working with PAE.
• The elevator technician must be certified elevator mechanic and experience with the specific brand in the compound is highly desirable. Certification can be provided on the state level or from a major elevator manufacture, this includes successful completion of all required training courses and field work.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in operating and maintaining elevators at a large-scale overseas facility.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at one time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
• Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
• Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
• Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair