Dell EMC s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
We live in a time of great disruption and opportunity. According to the World Economic Forum, this era is a fourth industrial revolution, comparable in its economic and societal impact to earlier industrial revolutions. Given the rapid changes this revolution introduces there is an immense need for guiding the customers through transformation. Customers are looking for personalizing their workforce experience, simplifying IT consumption and enabling dynamic, virtual teams. These services very often include adopting one of the public clouds as part of customer new IT landscape. Customers are looking to offload part of their workloads and IT maintenance to providers like Microsoft Azure or acquire Software-as-a-Service offerings like email or internal Sharepoint portals from Office 365. All of these drastically impact customer core IT and transform their organization therefore require consulting approach, careful planning and efficient execution.
The Email Migration Lead is a senior technical consultant role. They will typically report into a Delivery Lead and will be entirely focused on the successful setup of Office 365 Exchange Online, usually in a hybrid configuration with on-premises Exchange Server infrastructure. The Email Migration Lead will be responsible for developing migration strategies from on-premises Exchange Server as well as from third-party email products and services. They will lead a team of architects and other technical SMEs. They will oversee the execution of the full project lifecycle including Assessment, Design, Planning, Implementation & Migration. The Email Migration Lead will also participate in Architectural Review Board meetings and will be responsible for the successful implantation of the Email Migration workstream. Ultimately, the Email Migration workstream being led by the Email Migration Lead will enable or move mailboxes to Office 365 and migrate data as per the customers requirements according to a dynamic schedule.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Define scope and assumptions for project Statements of Work (SoW).
• Lead a technical delivery team, to perform the following activities and associated deliverables. Some activities will be delegated to other members of the team, and some will be directly undertaken by the Email Migration Lead themselves.
• Assess legacy Exchange Server and third-party email environments.
• Assess configuration of existing Exchange Online environments where the customer has already configured one of more Office 365 tenants.
• Assess all current email archive and journaling implementations where applicable.
• Assess all current email application integrations.
• Assess business, technology and security requirements regarding mailbox locations.
• Produce high-level and detailed architecture design documentation.
• Work with external security workstream to design security compliance framework for Exchange Server 2016 and Exchange Online.
• Configure Exchange Online to meet business, security and technology requirements.
• Implement necessary technical changes to legacy email service(s) in order to support migration methodology.
• Configure Office 365 instance security.
• Namespace assessment, planning and configuration.
• Configure Azure Active Directory features.
• Migrate users to Azure Active Directory and assign licenses to users.
• Configure Exchange Online instance.
• Provide instruction to Windows 10 Client workstream for configuration of Intune MAM associated with Outlook client.
• Set up co-existence between on-premises environment and Exchange Online.
• Set up integration between Exchange Online and fax, SMS and e-mail protection services.
• Set up all other Exchange Online application integrations.
• Establish in-place archive policy and enable for all users.
• Test functionality of new Exchange Online / hybrid environments.
• Participate in security testing of new Exchange Online / hybrid environments.
• Perform root cause analysis and remediate failed tests.
• Work with all Security, AD/IDM, Windows 20 Client, Release Management and Change Management workstreams to develop migration plan.
• Provide support capabilities and documentation for customer support personnel, administrators, and users (for self-service).
• Provide reporting post each migration wave.
• Act as point of escalation for post-migration Level 2 support for one week following each migration wave.
• Decommission idle portion of on-premises e-mail infrastructure and consolidate legacy Exchange Server infrastructure as required.
• Perform public folder migration to Exchange Online if required.
• Assess legacy email archives (technical feasibility and cost-benefit analysis).
• Migrate email archives to Office 365 and decommission existing email archival solutions as necessary.
• Holds a MCSA Office 365 certification or equivalent.
• Experience of designing and implementing Exchange infrastructure with the following characteristics:
• Exchange Server 2016 on prem integrated with O365 Exchange Online in a hybrid configuration.
• 30K+ seats.
• Complex mail routing.
• Resource migration, e.g. meeting rooms, shared mailboxes, etc.
• Experience of Symantec Enterprise Vault, specifically experience of migrating data out of EV to Exchange Online native archiving using third-party migration tools.
• Experience of enterprise client configuration (Outlook, mobile apps, etc.)
• Experience of fax and SMS gateway integration.
• Able to undertake bandwidth planning for Office 365 (migration and BAU operations).
• Design of migration processes.
• Able to create a delegated administration model where appropriate.
• Able to create enablement and migration scripts and processes.
• Able to train off-shore consultants on enablement processes and common support requirements.
• Able to produce end-user adoption and best-practice usage materials.