Engagement Lead Microsoft Technologies
Dell EMC s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
We live in a time of great disruption and opportunity. According to the World Economic Forum, this era is a fourth industrial revolution, comparable in its economic and societal impact to earlier industrial revolutions. Given the rapid changes this revolution introduces there is an immense need for guiding the customers through transformation. Customers are looking for personalizing their workforce experience, simplifying IT consumption and enabling dynamic, virtual teams. These services very often include adopting one of the public clouds as part of customer new IT landscape. Customers are looking to offload part of their workloads and IT maintenance to providers like Microsoft Azure or acquire Software-as-a-Service offerings like email or internal Sharepoint portals from Office 365. All of these drastically impact customer core IT and transform their organization therefore require consulting approach, careful planning and efficient execution.
The Engagement Lead is a Senior Program Manager role who will build positive client relationships during project. They will assess customers needs, identify requirements, and develop a cohesive program plan supported by a Program Management Office (PMO). In addition, the Engagement Lead will ensure that the contract terms and conditions as agreed are met. They will be the ultimate point of escalation and will address all issues with speed and efficiency. They will actively track and communicate the projects status, risks, issues and opportunities as appropriate to both customers and the internal project teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Define scope and assumptions for project Statements of Work (SoW).
• Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of complex Workforce Transformation programs consisting of multiple projects or workstreams.
• Delivery of customers critical success factors and governance, such as:
• Executive commitment with clear points of accountability.
• Decisions based on economic value created.
• Consistent and objective application of established performance thresholds.
• Quantitative tools for measuring success.
• Effective lines of communication with continuous input.
• Prompt decision making and issue resolution to maintain program momentum.
• Deliverable acceptance management.
• Lead a delivery team, to perform the following activities and associated deliverables. Some activities will be delegated to other members of the team, and some will be directly undertaken by the Engagement Lead themselves.
• Management of the PMO, that in turn are responsible for:
• Maintenance of the program plan.
• Maintenance of the RAID log.
• Manage program finance.
• Ownership of the CR process.
• Preparation of weekly reporting across of workstreams.
• Perform detailed assessment of all business stakeholder entities as defined in the scope overview of the Project Intiation Document (PID).
• Deliver the program to a detailed governance and delivery methodology.
• Develop and maintain contents of the program plan for both the Dell program team, third-parties and customer responsible activities, including making updates to the program plan as required.
• Develop an issue tracking and escalation structure and process with visibility to customer stakeholders.
• Provide recommendations on Program Steering Committee and stakeholder group participation.
• Deliver executive, workstream, business unit, and other stakeholder reports and dashboards on status of migrations planned, under way, and completed.
• Setup and run regular status meetings for program scope.
• Perform staff planning and management of all Dell project staff.
• Create a data protection plan that aligns and meets or exceeds customers data control requirements. Train the Dell project staff on the data protection plan. Maintain and measure adherence to the data protection plan.
• Prepare and develop contents of change control requests as required. Present CRs to customer stakeholders and attain sign-off.
• Facilitate review and signoff process of deliverables.
• Gather customer reporting requirements for the program and develop dynamic custom reports and dashboards. Provide a reporting tool that consolidates Program metrics and status and provide access to customer stakeholders.
• PMI, PRINCE2 or equivalent certification in a formal project management discipline.
• Strong customer stakeholder management.
• Assertive personality able to drive forward the delivery agenda.
• Experience of establishing strong and effective governance structures that are maintained throughout the lifecycle of the program delivery. To include but not limited to:
• Program governance model;
• Technical architecture governance; and
• Business engagement governance.
• Experience of delivering complex multi-workstream programs.
• Ideally experience of delivering Microsoft end-user programs, although large complex program experience is more important.