WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com . Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman s Dubai Office is looking to appoint consultants to support its continued expansion in the government and public sector, a strategic priority for the firm. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team early in its development. Consultants are given the opportunity for rapid professional growth, to participate in entrepreneurial work, and to share in the success of the team.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical management consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
ENGAGEMENT MANAGERS are the on-scene leaders who run our projects day to day. You will lead the team through an efficient and effective problem-solving process from initial thought process through convergence on a solution. You will ensure that recommendations are correct, practical, sensible, relevant and cohesive. It s a role that demands thought leadership at the strategic level and command of all the technical and operational details of execution. You will need great communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise so your industry experience is of enormous value to us. Don't worry if you've never been a consultant before; we'll help you develop your consultant toolkit
• Minimum of 6 - 10 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations)
• Knowledge in Public Sector and Public Policy topics
• Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings
• Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus
• Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
• Willingness to travel
• Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you ve already got to good use.
• Are not just intelligent, but creative too: ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients biggest problems.
• Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
• Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
• Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
• Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
• Opportunity without artificial barriers, anti-Kudzu
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
• Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.