Middle East and India
Wednesday October 31, 2018
Engineer II (Geologist / Engineering Geologist / Civil Engineer)
Engineers I to V
Perform engineering work around the process of acquiring, processing/analysing and interpreting geo-related data in order to provide accurate and customized services to clients. Perform tasks related to Site Characterization and/or Geoconsultancy.
Roles And Responsibilities
1. PERFORM GEOTECHNICAL FIELDWORK TASK
• Carry out geotechnical fieldworks including but not limited to the following tasks:
o Geoconsultancy works such as earthworks quality audit, excavation slope and formation assessments
o Site characterization in-situ tests such as permeability tests, pressuremeter tests, electrical resistivity testing, geophysical logging
o Monitoring works such as inclinometer and groundwater
2. DATA PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS
• Carry out data processing and analysis of acquired data from in-situ tests and monitoring activities
3. BOREHOLE AND TRIAL PIT LOGGING
• Carry out borehole and trial pit logging, including preparation of laboratory test schedules and data entry in an Engineering software such as gINT, HoleBase
4. PREPARATION OF REPORTS
• Prepare reports including but not limited to the following:
o Factual report
o Desktop study report
o Method Statements
o Inspection and QA/QC report
o Test report
5. ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Tracking of project schedule and budget related to the Engineering scope
• Invoice reporting
• May assist on permit applications
QHSSE ACCOUNTABILITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
M. Sc in Geology,or Civil Engineering or at least 2 to 5 years experience in the field of soil investigation and materials testing
Experience in derivation of geotechnical parameters is an advantage.
Updated in geological assessment techniques, logging, laboratory and in-situ-testing standards and capable of knowledge transfer to department members. Capable to prepare geotechnical factual, desktop study reports and method statements.
Familiar with at least one geological data assessment and mapping tool.
Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
Knowledge of geology, geotechnical engineering and materials testing
Able to solve problems by critical thinking
• Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements. Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
• Find solutions in coordination with the Site Characterization Lead or Engineering Manager for all problems faced or anticipated during a project.
• Awareness of any specific health and safety measures needed on a project.
• Communicate effectively, internally and externally.
• Knowledge of Auto CAD and GIS software preferable.
Role Specific Behavioural Competencies
Geological Assessment and Logging Knowledge of codes and standards and practices
Site Management and coordination skills and ability to work independently with guidance from Engineer III
Problem-solving/judgment: ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems
using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
Teamwork: dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
Information & Communication: ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language and communication tools.
Client focus: ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
Planning & organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction. Maintain homogeneity, accuracy and repeatability in tasks assigned.