Provides overall support to Engineer in Charge (EIC) on project execution which includes planning and executing the optimal project procurement in close connection with EICs, logistics, outsourcing to sub-contractors and documentation of all transactions like project submittals, procurement plan, hand over and price negotiations with external providers. Contributes to the successful completion of the project along with the engineering execution team and other departments. Provides first line support to External Clients having maintenance contracts with Orbit; handles all preparatory and scheduling activities for maintenance execution. Responsible for on time response with our clients after sales support. Provides reporting on maintenance progress.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Coordinates the Projects Process such as procurement, delivery, documentation, etc.
• Process and prepares LPOs from clients, log and commence project tracking
• Negotiates and evaluates pricing of external providers
• Supports and provides assistance and instruction on project scope, timelines, locations and all relevant details to Engineering team.
• Monitors progress of the project in collaboration with the Project Manager and Project Engineer; this normally covers progress of work, material usage and cost.
• Actual sourcing and procurement activities for the project covering technical and non-technical material for the project.
• Handles logistics – Coordination with the freight forwarder & supplier in receiving and dispatching of materials. Support and assist logistics with the documentation for import/export.
• Coordinates with necessary work permits associated to the project.
• Prepares final documentation for final hand over and completion certificates
• Assist internal departments during and after project execution if any point of clarification is needed.
• Updates WPU, gathers Engineering ISO documents for audit.
• Registers new external providers.
• Prepares submittals related to projects.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
• Sets examples in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and commercial skills, and work habits.
• Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all internal/external stakeholders.
• Support other departments where ES expertise is required.
• First line support for after sales services
• Prepares quotations and proposals for maintenance requests
• Operational planning for deploying all required manpower for the execution of jobs. Provides instruction on maintenance scope, timelines, locations and all relevant details.
• Arrange site visits before commencement of the job
• Monitors progress of the work orders (cases) assigned to their respective team members
• Actual sourcing and procurement activities for maintenance activities
• Coordination with the freight forwarder & supplier while placing orders for maintenance
• Coordinates with necessary work permits associated to the site
• Prepares monthly reports
• Updating NetSuite daily based on the logs open and logs closed.
• Bachelors of Engineering or IT as a minimum
• 3-5 years’ experience in project management
• Must have extensive knowledge of GCC in particular Qatar/UAE.
• Familiar with import/export procedures
• Very good command of English
• Good command of computer skills
• Strong understanding of Client and market dynamics and requirements
• Proven leadership and ability to drive teams
• Works on own initiative