Leads the development, organization, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
• To develop future leaders by supporting teachers in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and instruction and by fostering an environment of collaboration, reflection, and professional growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum and Instruction
• Curriculum development to meet the standards.
• Consistent and regular curriculum evaluation.
• Ensure that the curriculum engages the learner in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity which address each student s needs, interests, and skill levels.
• Leads the research and development of curriculum, instruction, activities, and development.
• Evaluates and improves the planning process.
• Evaluate lesson plans and observe classes on a regular basis.
• Advocates facilitate and monitor the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment improvement in the accomplishment of goals, objectives, and standards.
• Organize and implement a system for the evaluation and selection of instructional materials that are free of bias and designed to meet the Curriculum Standards.
• Review and approve teachers choices of supplementary material and designed booklets.
• Collect and review weekly lesson plans from teachers and send feedback.
• Analyze assessments results, design remedial plans
• Check the syllabus of each course at the beginning of the year
Staff Supervision and Evaluation
• Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties.
• Ensure that staff supervision and evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence in accordance with the school policy.
• Supervise staff to ensure that all responsibilities are met and exceeded.
• Set a grading policy and select the appropriate categories to evaluate and assess the students.
• Review instructional and grading policies, procedures, and standards to ensure consistency across the various grade levels.
• Monitors and communicates benchmark exams, standardized tests and comparing data in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, teaching, and improvement. Report results to vice-principal
• Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, and school personnel.
• Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, and demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and pride in the education profession.
• Use effective presentation skills when addressing students, staff, parents, and the community, including appropriate vocabulary and examples
• Conduct meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the whole department.
• Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and colleagues.
Attending Meetings, Conferences, and Workshops:
• Conduct department meetings regularly carry agendas to and from higher meetings.
• Aid in Staff development to expand and improve skills.
• Develop with individual staff members a Professional Improvement Plan.
• Provide opportunities for effective staff development that address the needs of the instructional program, including, workshops, conferences, visitations, demonstration lessons and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices and strategies.
• Attend required meetings and serve, as appropriate, on staff committees.
• Continue to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
• Participates in School Improvement Plan reviews.
Recruitment and New Staff Members:
• Staff recruitment and recommendations for selection when vacancies occur.<
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least