Repton School in Dubai has been consistently rated as Outstanding by the Dubai education authority (KHDA) placing us in the top 1% of schools in the country. We have close links to our sister school, Repton UK in Derbyshire which allows our students to benefit from an international education based on the British independent system.
Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1800 students attending the school from the age of 3 to 18. In addition, 50 weekly and full time boarding students are supported by a dedicated team of house staff, making Repton a world class educational community in every sense.
The English department provides opportunities for all students to achieve their potential through differentiated programmes of study. At Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 classes are set by ability. At IGSCE the vast majority of our students sit Edexcel s English Language and English Literature qualifications with a small number of the cohort entered for English as a Second Language. At Key Stage 5, we offer the I.B.D.P. in English Language and Literature and English Literature, each at both standard and higher levels. As a team, we are proud of our students exam successes. This summer:
• 95% of our Year 11 students achieved A*-C grades in English Language and 98% secured this in Literature.
• Out of our IB2 students, 81% attained Levels 5-7.
The newly appointed member of the Department would share our high expectations and believe in facilitating progress for every student.
We endeavour to promote a culture within the School that encourages reading and aims to foster a lifelong love for literature, through academic and extra-curricular approaches, supporting initiatives such as the Repton Poet Laureate, Repton Creative Writing Magazine (a joint venture with our Junior School), Debating Society, Roald Dahl Day and World Book Day. We are also heavily involved with the annual Emirates Literature Festival with students entering national reading and short story writing competitions as well as participating in poetry slams and attending author workshops. Other enrichment opportunities offered by the Department have included participating in the U.A.E. Spelling Bee, theatre visits and an I.B. English residential in Ras Al Khaimah.
The successful applicant will join an experienced team of subject specialists. The Department has ten modern, well-equipped classrooms, most featuring Apple TV s and interactive whiteboards. The School also has a large, well-provisioned library and several ICT. labs available for lessons.
Candidates should possess:
• English as native language - please note non-native speakers will be automatically disqualified for this role
• A Bachelor s degree in the specialist subject that you teach and qualified teacher status (QTS)
• Minimum of two years full time, post-qualification teaching experience in the UK National Curriculum and be a minimum of 25 years old
• Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity
• Ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
• Willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status.
What we offer
• An exceptional employment package, starting from 2500gbp/month (tax free)
• Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools.
• Family benefits for you, your spouse and up to two children
• High quality private healthcare coverage
• Annual flight tickets allowance
• Spacious accommodation close to the school
• End of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Teaching / Education