Job Description & Role:
The candidate will be responsible for developing data architecture blueprints, data modeling, data quality analysis and implementing Data Delivery Lifecycle
The ideal candidate will have strong analysis and documentation skills as well as ability to interact with customers and other team members.
- Perform business analysis; define clients requirements within the context of their business, data collection, cleansing, transformation and loading to populate facts and dimensions for data warehouse.
- Create, manage, and modify logical and physical data models using a variety of data modeling philosophies, techniques and tools.
- Delivery of complex enterprise data solutions with comprehensive understandings in Architecture, Security, Performance, Scalability and Reliability.
- Interact with application development, enterprise architecture, business intelligence, technology services on a regular basis.
- Provide guidance on database technology direction.
- Coordinate with the database administration group to ensure day-to-day activities (archives, statistics collection and disk defragmentation) are performing in the most efficient manner.
- Investigate data quality issues to determine root causes, resolve any data issues and recommended process change to prevent re-occurrence.
- Bachelor s degree (BA/ BS) in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 8 years of demonstrable experience in data modeling, data management, data warehousing, data transformation, metadata and reference data management
- Relational model design, dimensional modeling, and ETL processes.
- Experience in Banking Risk & Compliance domain; Anti-Money Laundering System/ Fraud Management System/ Risk Assessment Management System.
- Teradata/SQL, ETL/ Data integration development, operations and optimization.
- Experience with performance tuning and space reclamation
- Knowledge of Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Research, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Test script creation and documentation
- Ability to prioritize assignments, handle shifting deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills