Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the meeting rooms or event halls (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection
· Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.
· Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
· Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers)
· Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
· Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
· Conducts function room inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
· Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
· Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
· Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting room standards
· Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
· Ensures events rooms and halls are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
· Makes presence known to customer at all times.
· Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
· Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees in order to achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
· Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
· Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
· Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
· Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
· Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals
· Bachelor degree or High school diploma
· Ideally experience 3-5 years in event mangement, food and beverage or related professional area