We re looking for a high performing, experienced Sales Engineer to join our growing, ambitious sales team. This is a technical sales role reporting directly to the Sales Director. The candidate will be responsible for establishing new clients and growing sales for products and in areas we may not have significant brand presence.
Experience in international sales and a technical environment, preferably in the marine industry, will help you get on board.
What does the role involve?
As the Sales Engineer, you ll be responsible for the full scope of sales and client management within your product and industry specialisation. You will have responsibility for growing sales through local and international channels both through existing key customers and business development/new opportunities. You will take a technical sales approach, and frequently be required to review, analyse and interpret construction drawings, Bills of Quantity and Specifications to prepare technical tenders.
You ll be dealing with clients and prospects from a wide variety of backgrounds including marine contractors, consultants and distributors, to grow and develop your product and industry sectors. It will involve rolling up your sleeves to demonstrate and sell some of the most pioneering products in the industry. You ll nurture relationships with clients and prospects, helping them find the most innovative, effective and cost-efficient solution for their needs. You ll enjoy a combination of autonomy and camaraderie, managing your own diary whilst feeling support from a friendly team. We ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results and reward you appropriately.
Experience & Prerequisites:
• Previous experience successfully gaining new clients and growing sales for new products without an existing client base or known brand.
• Proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales targets.
• Demonstrated success in client management & lead generation.
The following are advantageous, but can be substituted if you fit the above:
• A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or relevant Technical discipline.
• Proven experience in technical sales of industrial or marine products.
• Gulf sales experience (3-5 years), preferably in marine or industrial products.
• Valid U.A.E Driving license.
• Fluent in Arabic (written & spoken)