The primary focus of the role is to provide high-level and confidential project and executive support to the VP and manage the office of the VP, to deliver efficient services and liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This includes undertaking work including diary management and other commitments, drafting correspondence, reviewing and reallocating incoming correspondence and dealing with day to day inquiries to ensure the efficient management of the VP's time and business. In managing the office, the role deals with workflow, logistical and resource issues to ensure the smooth operation of the office. The role also provides secretarial services to the senior leadership team of both the departments of IT and Procurement & Contracts. The Executive Assistant manages projects that support the VP's work and initiatives, acting on behalf of the VP in liaising with VIP's, disseminating internal and external communications and general office management and team management of junior staff.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for setting up meetings, travel, speaking engagements and other appointments for the VP and other Senior members of the team. This involves ensuring there are no scheduling conflicts; also required to manage multiple diaries when dealing with other department heads or senior management schedules. Ensure the daily schedule flows smoothly and efficiently, with limited disruptions.
• Direct and oversee the work of both the office assistants for IT and P&C, making sure that everything is in place for the office to function smoothly.
• Plan team building events and office luncheons.
• Ensure the necessary materials, information, and resources are arranged for meetings, such as meeting room bookings, preparation of agendas and other required materials
• Maintain inventory and office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; and propose recommendations where required.
• Manage the flow of information to members of the teams.
• Screen phone calls, open and sort mail, and summarize reports and memos that are received before passing the information on.
• Be the point of contact and liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, on behalf of the VP.
• Undertake regular follow ups to remind key functional heads to submit reports in order to meet organizational deadlines.
• Use positive communication skills and be a team player, to achieve goals and work harmoniously and effectively with other team members to achieve the departmental objectives.
Information Management :
• Prepare and format information for internal and external distribution. This includes writing letters/emails and memos, compiling data for reports, editing, proofreading and other information preparation duties.
• Ensuring deadline set for completion of the Performance Contract is adhered to by compiling and uploading documents as per the agreed departmental objectives. Adhere to Service Level agreement, closely working with the consolidation and submission of reports related with the department Performance Contract ensuring all related correspondences internally and externally are properly provided.
• Responsible for setting up and managing both electronic and paper filing systems, as well as taking steps to maintain that the business unit is in compliance with all applicable record-keeping requirements.
• Manage records and documents, to ensure all communication is easily accessible and retrievable.
• Custodian of Petty cash - responsible for appropriate disbursement of the same in keeping with Company petty cash policy.
• Custodian of departmental corporate credit card responsible to supervise the usage of the card. Ensure relevant approvals are obtained prior to purchases. Prepare the monthly reconciliation memo to submit to Finance, to reconcile the credit card statement, to cross charge to relevant departments.
• Raise Purchase Requisitions and track their progress ensuring adherence to established SLA's.
• As the Department Champion, use the attendance management system to track the daily Attendance of staff, and submit monthly Attendance reports to the Senior Management.
• Keep a record and schedule for the leaves for the year - ensuring that staff has utilised their leaves and that there are none/ less days to be carried forward in both IT and P&C.
• Monitor and ensure that all IT and P&C staff attend the recommended trainings and conferences.
Carry out other
projects or duties, as delegated by the VP.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Bachelor Degree in Business Administraton from an internationally acclaimed universrity.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in the GCC region. Experience of working in, and currently working with a well-known organization.
Skills & Knowledge:
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. You will be an effective communicator, with the ability to be professional, clear, aritculate, and accurate, both verbally and in writing.
Time Management skills
Effective analytical skills
To be successful in this role, you should be proactive and meet deadlines
You must possess excellent administration and oragnaiztonal skills.
Yopu will have the capability to multi task with strong attention to details
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office is essential.
Certificate in formal trainings/Seminars as Executive Assistant or equivalent.
About the Benefits:
This position offers competitive salary and package which includes: housing and transportation allowance, annual flight ticket allowance, medical and dental coverage, life & accident insurance and retail and leisure discounts within DWTC.