- 1) Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- 2) Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- 3) Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- 4) Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- 5) Instruct cooks, stewards and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, for presentation of food and cleaning of the work environment.
- 6) Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- 7) Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- 8) Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- 9) Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- 10) Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- 11) Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- 12) Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- 13) Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- 14) Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- 15) Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- 16) Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- 17) Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- 18) Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff along with the ERP functionality importance.
- 19) Record production and operational data with high knowledge of catering ERP and control systems.
- 20) Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- 21) Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens and processes within the hospital kitchen.
- 22) Has high knowledge of nutrition values in food and communicates constructively with the Nutritionist in the hospital on daily basis.
- 23) Works very closely with the hygiene and safety department with high knowledge of both.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk