NOVOTEL Sharjah Expo
Designed for natural living Novotel, the AccorHotels group s mid-scale brand, has nearly 496 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, located at the heart of major international cities, in business areas and tourist destinations. With a homogeneousservice in all its hotels, Novotelcontributes to the well-being of business and leisure travelers: spacious and adaptable rooms, balanced meals 24/7, meeting rooms, caring staff, dedicated children s areas and fitness rooms.Novotel hotels are also pioneers of sustainable development by participating in the Green globe global certification programme.
To function as the Production Manager for the Food & Beverage Department, to ensure the various outlets and banquets operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standard of the hotel using an efficient and modern style of kitchen management in all its section.
• To supervise the function of all kitchen talents, facilities and costs, hence contributes to maximizing the overall Food & Beverage department profit.
• To co-ordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation by establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of multi-skilling and multi-tasking.
• To ensure that each Food & Beverage outlet and banquet is managed successfully as independent profit center.
• To ensure that each outlet is managed by a Management Team (Outlet Manager / Chef de Cuisine) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
• To set, in close conjunction with each Chef de Cuisine, Annual Operating Targets, which will form part of the Hotel s Annual Business Plan.
• To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, and joint procurement with sister hotels and Delivery on Demand where possible.
• To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
• Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items
• To ensure that all the outlets and banquet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards.
• To monitor and control all aspects of food preparation and production to ensure consistency and high level of quality at all time.
• To monitor and control equipment s and machines functioning to ensure a smooth operation.
• To represent the Kitchen Department on the hotel's Executive Committee.
• Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
• To ensure accurate maintenance of recipes, conversion recipes, yield tables and product specifications.
• To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and result oriented.
• To conduct daily operations briefing with the Sous Chef, Pastry Chef and Steward Supervisor
• To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
• To recruit, select and train Food Production F&B Heads of Department and supervisory talents who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy, following the Concepts Statement established and the Financial, Operational and Administrative Philosophies outlined above and who understand and support Accor s philosophy of Multi-Skilling and MultiTasking.
• To ensure that each Head of Section plans and implements effective training programs for their talents with the Asst. L&D Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Minimum of 3- 5 year's UAE experience in Hospitality Industryfor the same position
• Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
• Communication skills : PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
• Languages: fluent in English and the national language, a 3rd language will be a plus.
• Significant experience in a customer-service position
• Ability to train and develop talents
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take iniatitive
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
• Preferably Arabic Speaker
Contact: Talent and Culture Team
Job ID: 82578724