Summary of Position:
Oversee all Kitchen Operations. Develop menu, standardize recipes and maintain an inventory of ingredients, while striving to achieve cost-efficiency for the restaurant. The Executive chef is responsible to oversee that his kitchen staff maintain a high food quality and sanitation standards.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Food Products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Responsibility for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; preparation of foods.
- Follow and implement and train on HACCP Procedures. Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Deliver revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives is met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
- Culinary Qualification
- 35 - 45 years.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in varied Hotel/Restaurants in Middle eastern and North African Cuisine.
- Must be able to speak English and Arabic
- Must be of Middle Eastern/ North African descend
- Exposure to American/International SOPs oriented business models.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk