To direct and drive the reshaping of learning development practices, formulate and promote knowledge management strategies, design and communicate the prerequisites for accreditation and ranking, and facilitate the development and implementation of innovation models to ensure that the University is well-placed to operate and grow in a challenging environment.
Key Result Areas
• Lead the formulation of the University s institutional assessment model and strategy under the leadership of the President and in partnership with HBKU entities to establish and administer appropriate outcome measures and to ensure that assessment results of learning outcomes are used to improve teaching and learning.
• Develop internal and external KPIs and benchmarks related to institutional assessment and research based on international best practices.
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive program of institutional research designed to support HBKU s mission, to meet the requirements of internal stakeholders and to inform decision making throughout the University.
• Prepare all necessary reports to meet reporting requirements as mandated by governmental and non-governmental agencies and the relevant stakeholders.
• Under the guidance of the President, provide support to the efforts of building and maintaining the standards required to obtain and maintain necessary accreditation and ranking.
• Advise the President on matters related to institutional effectiveness including accreditation and ranking.
• Support the President on the formulation and promotion of the University s growth strategies in alignment with the overall HBKU strategic and business plans.
• Work with the President to identify the allocation of resources and the investment requirements to support institutional assessments.
• Engage with staff to effect change, including leading task-focused teams to implement new practices and build effective infrastructure for growth.
• Reshape relevant high-level systems to enhance the University s agility, efficiency, and capacity to provide quality academic, scientific, and administrative services to students and faculty, researchers, and staff under the leadership of the President.
• Formulate and promote change management strategies and models to support the President in guiding the University through transformations and periods of transition.
• Perform other tasks and duties that may from time to time be required to meet the requirements of the role and the goals of the University.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Master s degree in Education, Management, Policy, Business, or any other relevant field. PhD or any other terminal degree required
• 8 years of relevant full-time experience with strong understanding of various functions within higher education ecosystems, 5 of which are at a senior supervisory level
• Exceptional understanding of management principles and decision-making processes with the ability to assume authority, responsibility, and accountability
• Exceptional ability to think strategically and to articulate and share vision and mission statements that inspire others
• Exemplary communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply .
Review of applications is expected to begin on June 17, 2019 and continue until the positions are filled. Interviews will be held at the end of August 2019.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.