Executive Housekeeper (Manager) manages the work activities of all Housekeeping personnel, administering all necessary disciplinary action within the approved policies. Complies and submits, on a yearly basis, the operating budgets, capital expenditures, and the department s requirements for linens, uniforms and all other consumables. Adheres to all budgetary figures to the best of his/her ability.
1. Responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of the cleaning and maintenance throughout the Property. Specific responsibilities include Resident s apartments, public areas, back of the house areas, linen and uniforms.
2. Understand, maintain and execute operational manuals and guidelines.
3. Initiates and maintains effective communication between the Housekeeping Department and other departments as well as the Residence Manager.
4. Represents Housekeeping at all department meetings.
5. Supervise and develop personnel in the department to their maximum effectiveness. Select and recruit qualified people. Orient new personnel to the facilities. Initiate an effective training program, both formal and on the job.
6. Conducts regular meeting with staff.
7. Write and conduct annual reviews with all Housekeeping personnel.
8. Inspects quota of apartments and public areas daily.
9. Conducts physical inventories of all uniforms, linen and other consumable items.
10. Prepare annual recommendations for capital improvements.
11. Prepares annual operational budgets.
12. Maintains a high level of quality of housekeeping standards in Apartments, Linen and Uniforms, Valet Laundry, Lost and Found, Janitorial and Contract Cleaners.
13. Develop and maintain the Deep Clean Programs for the Apartments as well as Public Areas.
14. Responsible for the departmental keep control as set forth by the Residence Manager.
15. Maintains contact with trade associations and professional organizations.
16. Assumes other duties or responsibility designated by the Residence Manager or Assistant Residence Manager.
2 years Assistant Manager level Experience
1 year Housekeeping Supervisory Experience
Systematic, Methodical, Pragmatic, Meticulous, Empathetic, Effective Communicator and Demonstrate Leadership Ability.