Focuses on delivering exceptionally personalized
experience for JW Executive Lounge guests and Marriott Rewards Gold &
Platinum Guests. Responsible for pre-arrival communication with Executive
Lounge Guests and arranging for all guest requests and preferences. Process all
Executive Lounge guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and
issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room
charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including
resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest
calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping
to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to
guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests
with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special
requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and
closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's
checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts
according to Accounting specifications.
Assists with food and beverage service and set-up in the Executive
Assists Reception Lobby when
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time
position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
• Number of Direct
Reports - 0
• Titles of Direct
experience will be an added value, experience in the Middle East.
• Preferred experience/backgroud of Receptionist/Guest
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer and MS office literate
• Opera skills will be an added value
• English language (written and spoken)
Education or Certification
• Good level of English essential
• High School, Diploma, Degree education or equivalent required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical
to the successful performance of the position:
• Ensure all relevant SOP s are
adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all
• To be a champion of GSS key
drivers: Staff anticipated guest needs and problem was resolved on first
• To be a part of the campaign to
collect as many GSS as possible, without going against the GSS SOP.
• Due to the nature of our
business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may
vary from time to time.
• To have knowledge of hotel rates, packages,
discounts and vouchers.
• To have knowledge of room types and locations
within the hotel.
• To ensure that all Guests receive
personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the
hotel s facilities.
• Protect guest and associate security by never
revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers
etc. unless authorised by a manager.
• To ensure that a good relationship is kept between
all other departments.
• Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a
• Perform any reasonable request as directed by
• Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the Executive Lounge areas.
• Man the guest relations desk in the lobby/executive
• Prepare VIP arrival reports and share those with
the hotel staff.
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and adhere
to grooming standards at all times.
• Hand over any relevant information with necessary
departments and associates.
• To have full knowledge of GuestWare
and to use information daily for follow up.
• Attend daily/weekly/monthly
departmental meetings and contribute with the acquired knowledge.
• Conduct daily courtesy/departure
• Escort guests to their rooms
whilst promoting the hotel and following all necessary procedures.
• Play and active role in the
implementation of new procedures and services.
• Conduct room inspections and
coordinate your findings with the necessary departments.
• To take over the tasks of the Executive Lounge Team Leader/Supervisor in their absence
(including but not limited to GSS Weekly Reports, attendance of the Daily
Briefings, Guestware weekly reports, Guest Correspondence)
• To ensure that all Guest
concerns, complaints and compliments are actioned and addressed in an
appropriate manner, logged in guest profile and GuestWare.
• To liaise with the Executive Lounge Leaders to ensure that information is communicated
efficiently but not duplicated.
• To assist Guests with general
enquires and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
• To assist in check-in and
check-out if the Front Desk / Reception
Lobby are overloaded/understaffed.
• Ensure all guests are welcomed
according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
• Review the trends of arrivals and
departure and schedule him/herself accordingly.
• Be familiar with all local
attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
• Ensure logs are maintained and
put in proper use:
• Daily activities log
• Handover log
• Courtesy calls and Guest Conversation log
• Coordinate with Transportation
and airport desk to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of guests, if required
• Be aware of VIP arrivals
• Balance Scorecard Results : Implements
strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial
results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
Safety and Security
work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to
company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a
clean, safe, and secure environment.
Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited
Regional Office policies and procedures
the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional
and in compliance with company policies and procedures.