An excellent opportunity for a young up & coming European Pastry Chef or Pastry Sous Chef to join an expanding five-star international hotel group.
· Responsible for the quality of all pastry prepared in the main kitchen, outlets, Room Service and banqueting
· Ensure that the set food and pastry standards are maintained and improved
· Check constantly for its taste, temperature and visual appearance.
· Supervise all pastry & bakery staff.
· Planning of pastry stock in accordance with the volume of business.
· Coordinate with the Executive Chef regarding all the pastry purchases for the outlets and bakery.
· Oversee and coordinate the cleaning of all pastry department preparation areas.
· Controls the daily food cost and assures that the food cost budget is respected for the pastry department.
· Controls the quality of the received fresh and conserved foods, related to the pastry department.
· Trains regularly all Pastry team members and make sure that they fulfil their duties and have the chance to develop
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted and smooth service in the assigned kitchen operation.
· Assigns in details, specific duties to Unit Chef or subordinates and instructs them in their work.(Checks the work and makes sure all orders are carried out at specification).
· Carries out full stock taking at the end of each month in collaboration with the Cost Control Department.
· Young and of European origin, ideally single
· An experienced Pastry Chef or Pastry Sous Chef graduated from a well known culinary institution is highly desirable
· Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in pastry cooking, preferably in a five-star class environment
· Hands on, able to lead, manage and be a great team player.
· Solid managerial experience and knowledge in kitchen operations. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems, food and beverage management and food sanitation.
· Have excellent English communication skills both in written and spoken