Position at Al Jazeera Media Network
The Executive Producer of Digital Special Projects is responsible for overseeing the respective team's editorial, creative, shows, planning and engagement operations, as well as ensuring that the teams will produce highly shareable, cutting edge, long-form/short-form, in-depth digital content.
S/He is also responsible for working closely with the Manager of Digital Content Strategy and Head Audience Development & Engagement to design and implement strategies for improvement and development for the future, channel efficiency and innovation and to ensure all processes and policies are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
• Lead and manage teams of multi skilled members (producers, animators, graphic designers, video editors, presenters, directors ...etc.).
• Oversee the team's editorial, creative, shows, planning and engagement operations.
• Strategize across the teams to ensure that all of them are leveraging the original/native content being produced.
• Provide editorial direction to various digital content streams.
• Ensure work performance and job satisfaction of respective team staff.
• Ensure adherence to best practices, policies, and procedures.
• Decide upon and finalize production schedules and projects.
• Mentoring and staff development
• Assist in business analysis and feasibility studies to support strategic and new initiatives
• Build and maintain regular, constructive relationships with all support service divisions.
• Represent the respective team in public, at conferences, and internal AJMN meetings
• Perform other duties as requested attend events and conferences as required
• Review content and engagement performance
• Ensure editorial, engagement, shows and creative standards
• Collaborate with AJMN stakeholders on network wide initiatives
• Lead conversations around editorial and creative ideas in meetings and discussions.
• Optimization of respective channel's workflows and budgets
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in digital media, journalism, or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
• Minimum 9 years of professional experience in Digital Media/Media field is required.