This is Neelam, from Star Services LLC (Abu Dhabi); we have a job opportunity for the position of “Expert Engineer / FMC-CS&IMS “ with one of our leading Telecom Industry. Please reply with your updated CV if you find the job role suitable.
Position: Expert Engineer / FMC-CS&IMS
Department: Central Engineering
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility):
• Organize and control necessary preventive & corrective maintenance process for Fixed Mobile Core Network Systems (MSCs, vIMS, SBCs, and UIMs) nodes and VoLTE, Vo3G and Video Conference services.
• Ensure operation efficiency of the tasks handling and systems monitoring within FMCO-CS&IMS 24/7.
• Ensure the completion of day-to-day tasks related to Mobile Core Network Systems (MSCs, vIMS, SBCs, and UIMs) and VoLTE/Vo3G Services and remove all major obstacles that might occur during day-to-day operations.
• Assure Mobile Core KPI are meet such as node availability.
• Coordinates and control maintenance and operation activities relevant to all Fixed Mobile Core Network Systems (MSCs, vIMS, SBCs, and UIMs) nodes ensuring responsibility for all services.
• Organize and provides professional guidance with support to subordinates in carrying out the assigned functions.
• Organize and control scheduled and assigned tasks of activities by Manager/S. Manager/FMCO-CS&IMS.
• Provide clear direction, sets targets, prioritizes tasks and assigns responsibilities for the Fixed Mobile Core Network Systems (MSCs, vIMS, SBCs, and UIMs) nodes.
• Coordinate functions related to routine auditing team requirements and fulfill enquiries and clarification put forth by Business Continuity, Audit, Finance sections etc.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Organize and control section fault clearance, reviews fault reports and liaise with vendor team often to maintain close relationship on operational discussion to achieve efficient support and delivery of service.
2. Report to Head of Section and higher management any abnormal service affecting concerns regarding system, process and deliver smooth professional escalation.
3. Organize and control shifts and assignment of duties for special events.
4. Coordinate with other sections, and also support and guide Fixed Mobile Core Operations team regarding any operational aspects to ensure preventive maintenances and special operations if assigned.
5. Control the functioning of First Level Operations team to maintain and deliver stable and quality Fixed Mobile services.
6. Constant monitoring on follow up actions assigned to subordinates and another sections to follow up escalated major complaints and operational abnormalities arising in the section. Prompt reporting and clearance of maintenance abnormalities received through superiors. Responsible for reporting any outages or degradation in service to superiors and higher management on situations according to laid out directives.
7. Close monitoring of service statistics to assess and report abnormalities. Keep watch of system guide enhancement and preventive measures available to the system through constant follow up with responsible sections.
8. Control and supervise routine maintenance operation activities. Organize statistical and special reports as per requirements by higher management.
9. Arrange and suggest necessary Fixed Mobile network & Technological orientation and developing skills to new subordinates or team members concerning Mobile Core Networks and environments.
10. Organize system environment and adequate test equipment availability in section. Administer necessary user access control to vital data nodes compliant to audit requirements.
11. Supervise and ensure proper monitoring of all systems & ensure proper reporting of any abnormality or problems to concerned sections and managements.
12. Prepare and set the schedules for Special events, and ensure the availability of staff on 24/7 bases as SPOC in order to keep top management updated.
13. Supervise and ensure proper monitoring of all Systems and ensure proper reporting of any abnormality or problems to concerned sections and management.
14. Supervise and organize the acceptance activities of new services and nodes in the network.
Contacts Key Contact Nature of Interaction
Internal (within the Corporation)
Contacts with Central Engineering internal sections and & to other Etisalat Departments.
Assigns and monitors day-to-day tasks; Organize and deliver information and clarifications;
Responds to inquiries;
Arrange routine and special reports; Regular negotiation and meetings with vendors;
Reports section requirements to other sections and higher management.
Job-Specific Competencies required to successfully perform the job
1. Industry awareness and business acumen 3
2. Team leading and Influencing 3
3. Networking and Relationship building 3
4. Project Management skills. 3
5. Budgeting and control skills 3
6. Knowledge of Etisalat Products and Services 3
7. Competitor and market awareness 3
8. Telecom Engineering Knowledge 4
9. Knowledge of Etisalat network and infrastructure 4
10. Tendering, technical evaluation and negotiation skills 3
11. Statistical and operational reporting and analysis 4
12. Knowledge of Engineering / Manufacturers’ manuals, standards and procedures 4
13. Network planning and system administrator skill 3
14. Performance and workforce management skills 4
15. Contractor/suppliers relation management 3
16. Installation, testing and commissioning skills 4
Note: 1- Developing 2-Competent 3- Advanced 4- Expert
If this profile interests you, then please mail me your details on email@example.com