Maersk, the global containerized division of the A.P. Moller Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.
We are looking for a External Sales Executive in our team, Dammam office.
At Maersk, you ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service!
Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target!
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual CM1 Additional Business and Contract Renewal targets for the assigned Existing Customer portfolio, and New Business / Spot targets from Expertise & Ambition customers, through the sale of MAERSK product and solutions.
- Accountable for the implementation and compliance of all relevant approved MAERSK commercial ways of working blueprints and all associated tools, including (where relevant) Account Management plans and Pursuit Plans, to continuously drive results from Existing and New Customers
- Accountable for developing customer relationships beyond merely transactional decision makers, identifying senior decision makers that recognise that supply chain activities are an integral part of the customers strategy, may bring the customers strategies to life, and thereafter are open to value propositions that through Solutioning, create demonstrable value.
- Accountable for also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
- Accountable for ensuring that IOP/SOP s / contracts / agreements for all customers within the portfolio are comprehensively documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant MAERSK and external parties.
We are looking for
- 3 years + in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry, and preferably with 2 years as a Premier Sales Associate
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology, in the local market
- Understands the competitive landscape, and can adjust approaches to customers as a result
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning large opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts, in tendered and non tendered environments
- Proven track record in a matrix, multi cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
- Well developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and presentation skills
- Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
- Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
- Strong negotiation skills
- Resilient, tenacious and persistent
- Self Motivated and performance driven
- Numerate and analytical
- Fluency in English and Arabic