Are you ready to be a F&B Captain at InterContinental Regency Bahrain?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Located in the business and leisure hub of the city, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guests the perfect location from where to explore the exciting face of Manama.
The hotel offers 321 spacious rooms including 3 Club floors and 31 luxurious suites. Each room is designed to meet the needs and the expectations of the modern traveler.
From sophisticated dining experiences to a taste of traditional romance, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guest new tastes and unique gourmet treats. With a wide selection of dining options ranging from international, Italian, steakhouse and lounges, InterContinental Regency Bahrain promises to delight your palate.
Your day to day
Under the general guidance and supervision of the F&B Supervisor and/or Restaurant Manager. The F&B Captain will be directly involved in the day to day running of outlet operation in connection with staffing, guest services and satisfaction along with product quality. Delegation of duties and responsibilities to his/her assistants is necessary to ensure the proper pre event setup and post event functioning is under his/her control. He/she is to implement all standardized procedures, rules and regulations systematically to be in line with hotel standards and policies. It should be noted that F&B Captain can be designated in charge of any area at any time and therefore must have a full and comprehensive working knowledge of all areas within the Food and Beverage Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To reflect the IHG philosophy by providing highest quality of friendly service to our guest. He is to lead by example, always adopting a positive attitude to keep team spirit at its highest.
• To greet with a smile all the time colleagues or guests anywhere in the hotel (front or back of the house).
• To have a pride in his/her appearance and personal hygiene, making sure that his/her uniform and shoes are always of the highest standard.
• To rotate and schedule all staff in order to provide full coverage for efficient service and to maximize productivity.
• To maintain an effective orientation and training program for all new staff and to constantly re-train old staff to maintain the specified standard of service.
• To motivate, educate and develop staff on a continuous basis to achieve an overall maximum of efficiency and confidence.
• To minimize guest complaints, but if it should occur, to take remedial action immediately.
• To ensure that all guests are greeted and seated courteously without delay at a properly set and clean table.
• To ensure that all guests are served promptly.
• To check on the mis-en-place daily.
• To check on guest satisfaction by talking to the guest.
• To stress the importance of personal cleanliness, grooming and that the staff do not deviate from the prescribed uniform.
• To be constantly on the lookout for ways and means to improve the smooth running of the outlet operations.
• The cleanliness, tidiness and orderliness of the outlet is of utmost importance. Thus, a checklist has to be kept at all areas are inspected and faults corrected soonest possible, i.e. lighting, walls, sofas, tables, chairs and stations. Furthermore, chinaware, glassware, silverware and napkins have to be checked constantly to maintain the standard required.
• To ensure that all furniture, equipment, utensils and silverware under the outlet is accounted for, properly handled regularly serviced and maintained to prevent excessive wear and tear.
• Follow standard checklist for orientation program of staff.
• Make sure team attend training program for individual jobs.
• To maintain a checklist for daily inspection.
• To have a team meeting at least once a week to discuss challenges and ways to overcome.
What we need from you
Requirements include acceptable experience in the five stars hotel Restaurant's operation in a high level hotels operations role and good communication skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and giving training
• Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.