B: ROLE PURPOSE:
The role of Facilities Manager (Airfield Ground Lighting) is a management role within the Facilities Management Department. The role reports to the Head of Facilities Management (ADIA) and has responsibility for the management of Airfield Ground Lighting Systems at all ADAC Airports. This includes all runway, taxiway and apron lighting and associated support system including the AGL control System. ADAC operates runways ranging from VMC to CATIIIB in capability.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) team. The Facility Manager (Airfield Ground Lighting) will establish and implement effective asset management practices for all AGL assets. This will include the establishment of suitable processes and procedures for FM staff to follow, the strengthening of the team s technical capabilities through selective staff recruitment and training, and the development of long term asset management strategies that deliver safe, reliable and complaint assets (today and ongoing).
Safety is a core value at ADAC. The Facility Manager is responsible for ensuring suitable safety systems are in place for his team.
The Facility Manager is responsible for the preparation and management of OPEX and CAPEX budgets for all Airfield Ground Lighting and associated infrastructure. The tight control of OPEX costs is a key aspect of the role, as is the need to ensure that assets remain in a safe condition and available for duty.
The role requires significant focus on achieving the most efficient and effective delivery of FM services for Airfield Ground Lighting Systems while maintaining or exceeding ADACs service delivery standards. Under guidance from Head of FM (ADIA) this requires ongoing evaluation of staff and contract strategies, and the development of strategic asset management plans that deliver the optimal mix of CAPEX investment supported by suitable OPEX provisions.
The accountability level associated with this role is high. The AGL system is essential to the efficient and safe operation of the ADAC airports. Failure of this system can result in a high impact on ADAC and its stakeholders.
C: ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
D: KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Ensure that suitable Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) plans are developed and implemented for all Airfield Ground Lighting Systems. Ensure that the plan is fully documented and uploaded into ADAC s CMMS.
• Ensure that all corrective maintenance (CM) work is carried out in accordance with ADAC policy and minimizes asset down time and impact on airport operations and stakeholders. Includes the implementation of response priority system for Airfield Ground Lighting Systems.
• Develop and implement resource (staff, spares, equipment) schedules for all PPM and CM work. Identify areas of resource constraint and where appropriate assist with preparation of business case for additional resources.
• Manage maintenance services delivered by external contractors as required.
• Assist in establishing and implementing work systems for the efficient management of maintenance services. This includes implementation of CMMS and associated work flow arrangements.
• Assist with establishing and implementing ISO compliant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the FM Department.
• Assist with establishing and implementing Safety Management Procedures for the FM Department. Responsible for the establishment of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and associated Job Safety Analysis (JSA) records for Airfield Ground Lighting maintenance staff.
• Ensure that the state and condition of Airfield Ground Lighting Systems assets is known and recorded through inspections and other forms of monitoring. Where appropriate take proactive measures to prevent asset failure or loss of service.
• Manage the completion of asset condition reports for Airfield Ground Lighting Systems assets. Provide detailed recommendations (including budgets) for any necessary upgrade work.
• Contribute to the review and improvement to Maintenance Management Processes within the FM Department.
• Provide management and incident reports as requested.
• Prepare annual OPEX and CAPEX budget for Airfield Ground Lighting Systems assets.
• Monitor OPEX and CAPEX expenditure (for Airfield Ground Lighting Systems) throughout the financial year and ensure that expenditure is in line with budget allocation and timing. Where variances occur, fully document the reasons for such variance.
• Recognize and promote work site safety, quality and reliability in all activities.
• Provide input into projects at design stage, providing input for technical specifications with regard to project works, and also to participate in appraisal of tenders
• Review and comment on independent third party reports on ADAC Airfield Ground Lighting facilities.
• Manage the FM process for handover of newly constructed assets by SCADIA and ADAC Project Managers. Ensure that ADAC FM procedures are followed and the new asset is in an acceptable state for hand over to ADAC.
• Perform any other work task deemed necessary by Head of Facilities Management (ADIA).
To be Confirmed
E: SCOPE OF ROLE
• Decisions are both strategic and operational.
• Responsibility for availability of Airfield Ground Lighting assets. Will be required to prioritize resources in the event of major asset failure.
• Decisions will have direct safety and compliance impact
• Many decisions are not routine and many situations have multiple solutions requiring a strategic view and specialised knowledge to create the best solution for ADAC s facilities requirements.
• Must communicate effectively with all levels of management across all ADAC Departments and SCADIA.
• Regular liaison with direct reports to establish and coordinate maintenance and repairs to ensure that Departmental requirements are efficiently met.
• Interaction with SCADIA, SSE, ORAT and ADIA Operations regarding projects and daily operational matters.
• Assist in the preparation of Business Cases, Strategy Papers and Board Papers as required to seek approval for specific Department initiatives.
• Typical year on year pertaining to planning resources around maintenance and non capital improvements, and longer term asset management planning looking forward 5 to 10 years.
F: ROLE FACTS AND FIGURES
• OPEX Budget: AED 15 million. (incl staff costs)
• CAPEX Budget: AED 5 million.
• Direct Reports: 3, (36 indirect reports).