The Facilities Technician Lead is the primary Supervisor for overseeing the general maintenance, repairs, upkeep and custodial services for the property and the services located at the Forward Operating Location (FOL). Is responsible for the overall day-to-day operational management of facilities and grounds to meet contractual requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Inspect properties for safety and maintenance problems and assists with recommendations on replacement versus repair, necessity of upgrading facilities and cost of such supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of food service and DFAC equipment maintenance and repair
inspection, cleaning and maintenance of hood and duct systems.
• Maintain policies and procedures, reviews and evaluates current maintenance program performance.
• Act on behalf of the Facilities Manager as the single point-of-contact for all issues and problems associated with facilities and grounds at the FOL.
• Ensure the management system(s) such as a work order, preventative maintenance/inspections, projected labor hours & inventory; are being utilized.
• Provide control of the FOL facilities and ground inspections, maintenance and repairs.
• Prioritize workload and follows up on assignments.
• Will direct and perform quality maintenance (facilities & landscaping services) in a cost-effective manner.
• Responsible for supervising, motivating, training and tracking individual performances.
• Monitor vendors, contractors, vehicles and equipment in the course of work completion.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of 50 60 Hz electrical, sewage lift stations, plumbing as well as Reverse Osmosis systems.
• Able to repair structures as well as construct structures according to the IAW international building codes.
• Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Professional.
• General knowledge of OHSA requirements for construction and facility and design.
• Able to read and understand technical data, plans/blueprints and publications pertaining to refrigeration air-conditioning systems.
• Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
• Five (5) or more years experience in multi-building facilities and/or municipality including supporting systems (i.e. Power Generation, Water Purification Systems, A/C, Electrical, etc.) maintenance.
• Experience working with and supervising Other Country Nationals or Residents desirable.
• Two (2) or more years supervisory experience in facilities management or a related field.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required, AA/AS or Trade/Vocational Degree preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
• Ability to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, work stands, crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
• Ability to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
• Must be capable of living and working in a potentially hostile environment for an extended period.
• May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Industry Type :
Defence / Military / Government
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair