The Facility Planner plans utilization of space and manage facility and construction projects for Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency and available
facilities and funds. Inspects buildings office areas, special purpose areas, and SCIFs to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, size and compatibility with the
organization s missions.
• Provide technical advice and briefing to Customer or facility tenants regarding maintenance and project priorities, facility planning and funding requirements.
• Define requirements, develop scope, lead, monitor, inspect and manage facility improvement projects (repair, maintenance, installation, reconfiguration).
• Assists facility tenants with the preparation of facility engineering work orders, engineering change proposals, and other related documentation affecting the facility s configuration.
• Maintains facility configuration management documentation to include as built drawings, engineering change proposals, and work orders.
• Performs scheduling and layout of operations, and inspection and surveillance of materials, methods, and equipment used in construction.
• Plans specific objectives for the program, including required innovations and improvisations.
• Prepares detailed cost estimates for use in obtaining project funding and bid evaluation.
• Performs duties of a COTR on construction projects, administer and deconflict issues regarding construction schedule and operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Experience with DoD engineering procedures, policies and work classifications applicable to equipment and facilities.
• Familiarity with all aspects of facility operations to include but not limited to HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical and space management operations.
• Previous support experience with DPW, USACE or similar entities is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Familiar with ICD 705.1, SCIF and data center construction.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Engineering licensing, PMP and/or other trade certifications are pluses.
• Must possesses an active TS/SCI clearance.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent qualified construction/planning-related fields experiences.
• Minimum 6 years of recent/current experience in facility engineering development, master planning, operations support, or other direct support to DoD and/or the intelligence community (IC).
• Military background with familiarity with Army operations and procedures is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds of equipment.
• Typically works in a normal office environment but will be subjected to routine operation and interaction in generator, UPS, plant and machinery space.
• Must be deployable and willing to travel worldwide, including to military austere environment.