The College of Engineering at Alfaisal University is seeking to fill positions at any academic level (Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor) to start in Fall (Sept.) 2018. The successful candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to the college s educational and research activities and to build a strong, externally funded research program. In particular, candidates who have a proven ability to teach courses in any of the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
The Mechanical Engineering Department at Alfaisal University is seeking full-time faculty members (Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering) with a proven experience and specialization in:
• Material Engineering and Manufacturing: The faculty member will teach fundamental courses on Material Science and engineering. Also, the applicant should be able to teach Finite Element Methods, Engineering Safety and Risk Analysis, Manufacturing and Workshop, and fundamentals of engineering courses.
• Mechanics and Design: The faculty member will teach Vibration and Damping, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanics of Materials, Machine Design, and CAD. Also, the member should able to teach the fundamentals of engineering courses, such as Dynamics, and Statics.
The Industrial Engineering Department at Alfaisal University invites applications for a full time position at the Associate or Professor level. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, or a closely related field, preferably from an ABET accredited institution. The successful candidate must have a strong research record and have experience of teaching and supervising graduate and undergraduate students. The faculty member is expected to participate in community outreach and provide service to the department, college, and university. The successful candidate is expected to bring experience, energy, motivation and leadership to the Department of Industrial Engineering. Specific areas of interest include:
• Operations Research and Decision making,
• Modelling, Simulation and stochastic Methods and
• Logistics and Supply Chain
The Electrical Engineering Department at Alfaisal University is seeking a full-time instructor or lecturer. The candidate must be a MSc holder in Electrical Engineering or a relevant science. The successful candidate must have a proven teaching experience, including teaching both courses and labs. Preference is given to those with lab development and setup experience, with added consideration for familiarly with local accreditation procedures.
The Software Engineering Department at Alfaisal University is seeking a full-time instructor or lecturer. The candidate must be a MSc holder in Software Engineering or a relevant science. The successful candidate must have a proven teaching experience, including teaching both courses and labs. Preference is given to those with lab development and setup experience, with added consideration for familiarly with local accreditation procedures.
Full-Time Faculty Member (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Building Service Engineering, Sustainable Buildings, Architectural Design Studios, Drafting and Drawing, Construction Drawings, The Built Environment, and Architectural Engineering Capstone Project. Preference for candidates with strong architectural engineering background, with teaching experience in western institutions. Candidate should also showcase a proven record for regional and international accreditation frameworks and procedures, as well as standard departmental services.
• Masters or Ph.D. in architecture/architectural engineering from a western university.
• Ability to teach architectural engineering courses; indicated by student work in the teaching portion of the portfolio.
• Recognized record of accomplishment in creative activity, scholarship and/or grant funded research in focus area; indicated in CV or portfolio of work.
• Professional experiences for those without Ph.D.
All applicants must submit digital copies of the following:
• A full curriculum vitae
• A brief statement outlining teaching goals including an outline of a potential elective related to the applicant s design research/scholarship area
• A brief statement outlining a design research or scholarship agenda with evidence in the portfolio (the statements of teaching goals and design research agenda should be combined into a single pdf)
• Contact information for three references (mail, telephone, and email)
• Architectural Engineering applicants should submit a portfolio containing both
• Examples of student design work completed in your classes
• Personal creative activity, scholarship, research, and/or professional work related to area of focus
Applications will be assessed as they are received and the positions will remain open until filled or the search is closed. Qualified candidates (male and female) are encouraged to apply. Currently, male and female students are enrolled in the College of Engineering.
The remuneration package includes an internationally competitive salary, housing allowance, relocation allowance. This is in addition to large number of fringe benefits that include family annual leave; medical/dental/optical/life insurances; and dependent/s schooling. Employment will require successful completion of credentials verification and background check(s) in accordance with university policies.
Please submit your CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy, research statement and copies of all university transcripts and diplomas at: https://jobs.alfaisal.edu You may send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click Here to APPLY
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :