What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Individual Contributor - Solutions Architect
For more than 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible.
What you do at AMD changes everything. Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to come join our team.
Field Applications Engineers help AMD drive a new era of computing into the datacenter by engaging with key end users and platform and software partners to demonstrate AMD technology differentiators addressing their business needs in real world usage scenarios. The FAE is responsible for providing technical support to commercial end user accounts within their defined region(s) or vertical market(s). This position is accountable to the commercial sales team and the field engineering director for all aspects of technical engagements required to support sales and account objectives. The ideal team member will also occasionally provide training to teammates and assist them with their own unique challenges.
This position places a special emphasis on platform and end user workload optimization. The FAE will cultivate a deep technical understanding of server processor SOC architecture, operating systems (Linux and Windows Server) and hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V), compilers, and application software. The successful FAE will leverage the synthesis of this knowledge to understand application performance at the node, rack and datacenter and guide the customer.
The Solutions Architect at AMD will:
• Articulate AMD based technology offerings across multiple market verticals
• Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to end-users
• Partner with other AMD and vendor subject matter experts to build specific customer solutions
• Analyze vendor product solutions and evaluate product performance based on customer needs
• Provide technical assistance to sales in the design and integration of customer applications using AMD based datacenter solutions
• Install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure successful deployments and evaluations
• Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with end-user objectives
• Design and manage the execution of evaluations to ensure a quality solution is delivered
• Capture a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with AMD versus its competitors
• Other related duties as assigned
This opening is for a Senior Staff level to provide support for strategic customers in the Middle East in the following areas:
• Cloud Service Provider
• High Performance Computing
• Financial Services Industry
• Large enterprise
• Media and entertainment
• Telco service provider
This position requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills) with a good balance of hardware, system architecture and software expertise. The successful candidate must demonstrate both the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. They must also demonstrate good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities. The ability to cultivate strong internal (sales, marketing, engineering) and external (customer) relationships is required and the candidate must demonstrate a history of success in developing and maintaining such relationships.
• Bachelor s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (computer science or electrical engineering preferred)
• At least 8 years experience as a senior level engineer (or equivalent technical role)
• At least 2 years in a customer facing role
• Demonstrated knowledge in one or more market verticals including cloud computing, high performance computing, software defined storage and data analytics
• Proven understanding of server software ecosystem in one or more areas including OS, hypervisors, compilers, and profiling tools
• Hands on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure
• Good working knowledge of server hardware ecosystem at the node, rack and datacenter level
• Experience in application/workload profiling, tuning and performance assessment a plus
• Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (racking hardware)
• Must be willing to travel up to 40%