Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest s expectations.
• Support the Assistant Manager in all operational and administrative aspects of Banqueting Operations to assure a smooth day to day operation and take charge of the department in his absence.
• Maintain a great synergy between Banqueting operations and all other F&B outlets.
• Work closely with the respective Culinary team members on coordinating service flow, timings and set ups of all events, including coffee breaks, buffet, set menus, cocktail receptions and any others as required.
• Constantly update the file with detailed overview of all banquet venues and work closely with the Assistant Manager and the Director of Banquets together to determine possible lay outs, set ups and floor plans.
• Ensure all venues will be fully set, including lighting music, decoration and other details at least thirty minutes prior the scheduled start time.
• Ensure accuracy of all printed material, menus and buffet tags for every event: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable.
• Assist the Director of Banquets and the Assistant Manager to observe all aspects of the business forecast and to plan the equipment and supplies accordingly and maintain access to resources of casual labour and assure high quality casual labour is available at all times.
• Support the Assistant Manager to supervise the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet at all times and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing feedback from the Events and Catering team, general guest comments, guest incident reports, and the MOHG Meeting Planner survey and share observations and recommendations with the Director of Banquets.
• Support the Director of Banquets.to observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas.
• Plan, guide and supervise the set-ups, execution and clearance of all events taking place in the hotel as well as outside caterings with the support of the Assistant Manager.
• Maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set up and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
• Ensure that a colleague will be present to greet all arriving attendees to the event, and to wish them a farewell upon the conclusion.
• Ensure to welcome the organizer by name and if the Director of Banquets or Assistant Manager is not present personally follow through any requirements of changes prior and during the event and execute them accordingly.
• Assure all clients will experience the thirteen Meeting by Mandarin Oriental (MbMo) promises.
• Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars.
• Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests.
• Responsible that all audio-visual equipment will function perfectly, and organisers will be asked about optimal sound and visual effects; a IP deck or cell phone number will be given to the meeting organizer with which the audio visual technician can be summoned throughout the meeting.
• High School qualification or equivalent.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Experience as Supervisor in a banquet operation with highest levels of service is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
• Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Familiar with point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
• Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of Banquet service procedures and standards.
• Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!