Basic Function: The WBC field technician is responsible for running WBC field jobs ( WBC & PBL Sub tools and chemicals ) in customer location by the best efficient way as per customer requirement and Weatherford standard procedures.
Dimensions: (For Management & Supervisory Positions)
Number of Employees Supervised:
Looking to make more work and revenues
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ensure Weatherford's Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental fully implemented and sustained across all areas of responsibility.
• Must have experience in running the following mechanical Wellbore Cleaning tools & equipment: Casing / liner scraping & brushing tools, ball operated tools, weight set tools, circulating subs, jetting tools, debris removal tools, inflow test packers and / or diatomaceous earth and cartridge filtration equipment
• Understand the requirements of the proposed work scope.
• Liaise with the customer representative and the Service Supervisor both Onshore & Offshore and confirm the objectives of the operation.
• All customer interfaces will be conducted in a proficient and professional manner.
• Attend pre-job meeting with operational supervisor(s) prior to going to location. Ensure full understanding of the requirements of the job and equipment to be used.
• Check all required information, data sheets; operating manuals are present and correct.
• Ensure all required personal protective equipment (PPE) is carried to location in compliance with regulations of the company platform/rig requirements.
• Check all equipment sent to location and ensure everything is accounted for by means of the load out schedule.
• Advise the company representative and Offshore/Onshore support personnel of any discrepancies.
• Check all equipment has been appropriately configured & serviced for the operation.
• Measure & record all bottom hole assembly (BHA) making note of lengths, OD's, ID's, ball seat sizes and any other configuration settings deemed appropriate prior to running equipment into the wellbore.
• Conduct risk assessments in conjunction with rig/platform QHSE requirements. Task based risk assessments will also be conducted to ascertain potential risks and implement controls to mitigate those potential risks.
• Make up BHA's in accordance with the specification in the program and the direction of the offshore company representative. Safe working practices are required throughout the rig up & rig down processes.
• Supervise all operations of downhole tools.
• Responsibilities include liaising with other engineers & supervisors to ensure the program is adhered to and that operational circumstances do not exceed the parameters of the equipment. Good communication is paramount and needs to be maintained throughout
• Once operations are complete, all work job packs must be completed and signed off by the company representative
• Ensure all equipment is accounted for, safely contained and back loaded
• Attend a post job de-brief meeting with operational supervisor(s) and hand in all work pack documentation. Use this opportunity to report back any feedback regarding safety & equipment
• Generate accurate post job reports for the client and Weatherford operations personnel
• Actively participate in the offshore & onshore client and Weatherford safety programs.
• Training and mentoring of junior personnel
• Be willing to travel within region and globally
• Be able to work as part of an integrated service team
• Responsible for training on the service delivery of all Wellbore Cleaning products
• Provide guidance on managing wellbore cleaning assets & personnel
As per Country GOA.
• Strong computer skills
• Good understanding of Wellbore Cleaning chemicals, tools, and hydraulics
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Must be able to present themselves as a technical wellbore cleaning expert to clients
• Must be able to work closely with DWM, Completions, Fishing, Rental and Drilling Fluid product lines
• Must have a general knowledge on various completion methods (i.e. Cased-Hole/Open-Hole completions)
• Must be able to run Wellbore Cleaning rig operation with minimum supervision
• Formal drilling fluid training (mud school) is an advantage
Required Education :
Technical High Diploma in Engineering - University Or High School if there is enough experience.
Required Experience :
Requires 5 years rig experience and at least 3 years working experience in WBC Mechanical and Chemical Equipment / Tools as independent hand or Rig operator like Driller or Assistant driller.