The Field Instrumentation Engineer is directly responsible for all technical decisions related to the acceptability of materials and work methods incorporated into final work product. This function is one of his prime responsibilities in providing technical support and guidance to the contract teams in performing the quality oversight activities.
A Supervision Received
• Receives direction from the Project Field Engineer.
• Receives functional direction from Manager of Construction.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides field directions to contractors' electrical field supervision and Forman.
• Managing implementation of Construction Quality Plan ( CQP ) including providing technical and administrative direction the ACM, RE, ARE and FE.
• Implementing and managing the construction quality program ( on project ) and ensures proper implementation of special processes programs performed by contractors.
• Providing guidance to Resident Engineers ( RE ), Assistant Resident Engineer ( ARE ) , Field Engineers ( FE ) personnel and ensuring that personnel have the required training and experience necessary to implement the requirements of CQP.
• Overseeing the project's internal construction quality auditing function.
• Ensure that all construction staff have been trained on the contractors QC program.
• Ensure that construction specialist expertise is used to maximum effectiveness is assisting field electrical engineers and construction staff.
• Ensure that all field engineers are properly trained and familiarized with standard project procedures, applicable specifications and testing requirements.
• University Degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years field experience related to construction of instrumentation works of major civil infrastructure and industrial facilities.
• Should have experience in the construction, operation and maintenance of electrical installations and instrumentation/control systems for potable water, seawater cooling systems, lift stations, irrigation, substations and similar facilities.
• Should have experience in review of design packages for control systems including DCS, SCADA, RTU,SIS, PLC, BMS, DDC and their integration with field instruments using different communication topologies and protocols is mandatory.
• Should have thorough knowledge in checking of automation deliverables which typically includes instrument index, installation drawings, wiring drawings, loop drawings, MCC interface, control room layouts, cable routing, logic drawings, control narratives and technical recommendations.
• Should have experience in the Review of Technical Submittals, Shop Drawings and As-Built Drawings.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain new work processes and technologies to all levels of the organization.
• Review and respond to contractors technical queries and coordinate with Engineering Department on technical issues. Review O&M manuals. Monitor as-builts.
• Monitor contractor Quality Control Program, this includes site inspection for compliance with Contract Documents, approved submittals in conformance to instrumentation codes and contract requirements. Maintain project safety awareness and enforce company safety policy.
• Review engineering design packages for constructability issues at 30%, 60%, 90% and Issued for Construction stage.
• Review technical submittals, method statements, inspection and tests plan according to specification.
• Witness final inspection and acceptance of installations and prepare punch lists.
• Provide technical support to the preparation of Field Change Requests and Change Orders.
• Should have thorough knowledge & solid experience of instrumentation standards such as ISA 5.1, ISA 5.3. ISA 5.
• Self-motivated individual with good leadership skills and experience and the ability to influence without authority.
• Ability to manage priorities and take on additional evolving responsibilities with demonstrated experience providing direction/supervising a team.
• Develop and provide Instructor Lead Training (ILT) on technical training workshop will be advantage.
• Discuss and follows the technical queries with engineering and P.F.E. to respond back to contractor.
• Provide technical guidance and knowledge transfer to young Saudi Engineers.
• Ability to work within an integrated RC/Bechtel team at multiple levels from working level to Project Manager level
• Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :