The Kaizen Company is responding to the release of a Request for Proposals for USAID/Jordan s Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) Project, which aims to improve the time and budget management as well as overall quality of the school environment in Jordan by enhancing the planning, oversight, and operation and maintenance capabilities of the Ministries of Education (MOE) and Public Works and Housing (MPWH).
Kaizen is seeking a Finance and Operations Manager to support the project s main objective to improve the existing management systems and procedures used by the Government of Jordan (GOJ), through the MOE and MPWH, for the planning, construction, and utilization of public schools in Jordan. The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for the financial and procurement-related aspects of the program, the day-to-day management of the project field office, and for ensuring the work meets all USAID and U.S. government requirements in funds accountability.
This position is located in Amman, Jordan.
• Maintain all administrative and financial records for the project and prepare reports in compliance with USAID and Kaizen policies
• Establish and manage financial and procurement systems and set of protocols that enable transparency, accountability, and accuracy
• Manage internal control processes, procurement, audits, and other administrative functions
• Manage the overall operations of the project field office, including HR, procurement, finance, and other files
• Support the technical team to implement capacity building and school construction support to the GOJ, including, but not limited to: conducting trainings, developing training materials, and other tasks as needed or requested by the Chief of Party (COP)
• A bachelor s degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration, or a related field
• A minimum of 5 years experience managing finance and operations for development projects in Jordan
• Knowledge of the USAID project cycle, agency policies, regulations and reporting requirements for financial management and procurement
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of budget management software required
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
• Must be a Jordanian National
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Top Management / Senior Management