UNICEF works in some of the world s toughest places, to reach the world s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
[Include information about the country/specific programme. Ideally include a link to a video]
How can you make a difference?
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
At the G-6 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
• Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets. Advise units of discrepancies and assist to resolve differences in their records.
• Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
• Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
• Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
• Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, NEP and leave balances, etc.
• Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
• Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
• Maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts. This includes prepares recurring reports and bank reconciliation.
• Prepares detailed cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
• Performs other duties, as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
• Completion of secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
• A minimum of six years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
• Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary