The Finance Director will need to have a broad and deep skill set to effectively manage the finances of the joint venture organization, a component of a multinational company. This includes overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the joint venture entity, in conjunction with the board of directors and subcommittees of the board. The Finance Director has an essential role in the financial strategy and ongoing control systems designed to preserve joint venture assets and oversee the financial reporting of the business, technology infrastructure and systems, risk mitigation, and business strategy.
Specifically, the Finance Director will work with the management team to:
• Further develop and execute the strategic plan to increase revenue and profitability, while being mindful of the Company s resources, finances and strategy, resulting in strong shareholder value.
• Ensure the execution of the operating plan and achievement of financial results, including achieving operating margins and development goals.
• Maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with the Managing Director
• Maintain adequate resources to fund capital projects and acquisitions, while also financing the joint venture through generating cash flow, maintain borrowing relationships, and maintaining the equity story and health of the equity capital of the Company.
• File accurate financial and compliance statements and documentation quarterly, annually and as requested.
• Report financial results to the board of directors, the joint venture partners, and internal/external stakeholders.
• Actively participate in the governance of information technology and theatre audit.
Given the breadth of the role and importance of the position to the Company s near-term plans and long- term success, the ideal candidate will bring the following background and experience.
• General business and finance experience. Proven successful experience with full profit and loss responsibility in a highly experiential, multi-unit enterprise in the hospitality, consumer services, retail or restaurant industry of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will have accounting, basic financial rules, standards of acceptable accounting procedures, and a sense of business law and legal principles both within in KSA and on the global stage. The Finance Director will also understand the terminology, provisions, and structure of credit statements.
• Understanding of technology. The Finance Director should have a background of technology and technology platforms, in order to understand how to keep them updated and current. Additionally, the Finance Director should have a clear understanding as to how financial and accounting systems work.
• Experience with large financial undertakings. Having engaged in previous joint venture businesses with direction and operating alignment driven by western businesses, equity issuances, will be vital to the success of the CFO.
• Public Company Experience.
• CPA and MBA are preferred but not required.
This position is for a Saudi National only.