The Finance Manager ensures and maintains the efficient operation of the Finance Department. He/She also oversees all financial and accounting matters encompassing planning and forecasting, management reporting, internal control, accounting, cash and tax management for the property.
He/She safeguards the interests of The Ascott Limited, the cluster, the properties and other owners (as applicable) by ensuring proper accounting and reporting practices.
He/She also represents TAL in a professional manner in all contexts, ensuring parties, including government, industry and regulatory bodies and suppliers.
1. Prepares, maintains and produces required financial management reports, on a timely and accurate basis, in compliance with the Group s policies and standards.
2. Formulates property business plans in conjunction with the finance and sales departments and work towards achieving financial performance targets in both expenditure and revenue.
3. Oversees the maintenance of all ledgers, journals and other accounting records of the company.
4. Liaises with external and internal auditors in legislative and management audits.
5. Continuous monitoring of audit of all accounts, records and transactions of the company.
6. Maintains integrity of operational financial systems.
7. Administers credit, debt and collection policies and procedures.
8. Ensures the maintenance of subsidiary records in connections with fixed assets and inventories.
9. Safe keeps all contracts, insurance policies, leases and other legal and financial records.
10. Administers insurance matters. Review and discuss with insurance companies on annual renewal of policies. Attends to all insurance claims relating to accidents, fires and water leakage etc.
11. Scrutinizes the monthly financial report and investigates unusual variations of the expenses.
12. Prepares and reviews all budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the company with the Residence Manager and other Department Heads.
13. Supervises the preparation of monthly journal entries, financial statements and supporting schedules.
14. Recommends and implements improvements in accounting procedures and internal control.
15. Monitors the cash flow management of the Company.
16. Reviews store requisitions and purchase orders.
17. Supervises staff in keeping accurate financial records.
18. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Residence Manager.
19. Manages and conducts The Ascott performance appraisal process for all Finance Department.
20. Identifies, implements and monitors relevant development programmes ensuring transfer of knowledge and succession planning in the workplace.
21. Champions and facilitates compliance with all corporate and local regulations, standards and P&Ps.
22. Works cooperatively with internal resources including corporate office (cluster) and Singapore.
At least 8 years of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
Competent in PC accounting software, MS Word and Excel.
Possess good management skills and problem solving skills.
Good leadership qualities and high sense of integrity.
Self-motivated, Able to function independently, Pleasant and Polite
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary