1. Prepare, implement and follow up related strategic and operation plan for the department.
2. Prepare, follow up and achieve department key performance indicators. Review and evaluate subordinates’ performance.
3. Control, monitor, evaluate and improve managerial operations and methods like: planning, budgeting, reporting and providing services.
4. Adopt and implement internal plans of continuous learning aiming to train and develop employees, improve team work to ensure highest quality.
5. Build and maintain strong strategic relationships with external partners, adopt change management to ensure high efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
7. Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
8. Maintain the financial health of the organization.
9. Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
10. Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
11. Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
12. Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
13. Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
14. Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
15. Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
16. Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
17. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
18. Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
19. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
20. Research technical accounting issues for compliance
21. Support month-end and year-end close process
22. Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
23. Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
24. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
25. Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
26. Prepare reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
27. Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
28. Resolve problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
29. Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.