Emirates Wildlife Society (EWS) is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD).
EWS works in association with WWF, one of the world s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. EWS-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
EWS-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
Job Description (Scope of Work)
Seeking a highly analytical collaborator for a role, within the organization s Finance Department, responsible for the financial activities of the organization, conducting financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting, ensure efficient operating systems, enforcing internal and external audits and applying financial best practices, providing professional and skilled staff, and ensuring strong financial resources for delivering conservation impact on issues and in places that are key to the organization s priorities.
It is integral to ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all financial functions related to the organization. The individual must provide guidance and support through clear communications and financial reporting and analysis, advising all members of the organization.
The individual for this role liaises with the heads of other departments, other members of the organization, the Director General, the Board of Directors, external partners and stakeholders, IT experts, financial institutions, as well as governmental and regulatory authorities.
Areas of Accountabilities
• Finance operational controls: policies, procedures and systems
• Operational planning
• Financial reporting & presentations
• Management of staff
• Stakeholder coordination
• Manage the creation, improvement and implementation of financial policies and procedures for the organization in line with nonprofit requirements.
• Advise management in financial decision making, systems development and improvement.
• Advise and assist management on all strategic and tactical matters, inclusive of financial analysis.
• Oversee financial entries.
• Oversee the routine generation of timely and accurate internal and external financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic financial statements.
• Provide financial analysis, reports and forecasts and resolve potential financial risk factors in a timely manner.
• Provide management with advice on the financial implications of all activities.
• Oversee the accuracy of the organizational accounting records and maintain the chart of accounts.
• Proper administration of accounting systems.
• Establish and monitor adequate internal controls.
• Monitor security of organization s financial assets.
• Supervise month-end closings and bank reconciliations.
• Create and support the budget preparation process, as well as monitoring the budget and creating budget control processes.
• Manage and control overheads for effective budgeting, in collaboration with directors.
• Manage the expense reports.
• Direct management, implementation and completion of audits and VAT.
• Manage, oversee and develop the Finance Team.
• Ensuring optimum operations in the Finance Department with efficiency and efficacy.
• Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the Finance Department.
• Creating KPIs and goals/achievements within the Finance Department.
• Assuming the development of team members within the Finance Department.
• Work the Finance Team as appropriates in achieving financial management goals.
• Other duties assigned by your supervisor.
• A Bachelor s Degree (or higher) in Finance or Accounting
• 10 years (plus) work experience in Finance or Accounting
• Strong knowledge of: general ledgers, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, nonprofit taxes and registration.
• Strong Microsoft Office proficiency
• Strong experience with ERP systems
• Strong proficiency in financial software programs
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day duties with strategic long-term goals and stringent timelines
• Adept at presenting complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
• Project accounting and project managerial experience
• Strong business partner relationship building skills
• Ability to communicate diplomatically in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• Contractual and legal understanding
Bilingual: English & Arabic (strong fluency in both languages)
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to Manal Bahman: email@example.com and Tammy