Works under the direction of BU Regional Controller, BU Operations Managers, and BU VP. Perform key financial reviews & variance analysis; forecast and budget preparation; support routine accounting functions; support business managers with reports & analysis; provide improvement on current accounting/business processes; analyze operating performance and recommend growth and cost control opportunities.
• Gain an understanding of the business process and functional requirements.
• Perform key financial reviews:
• Perform periodic financial health (ratios), trend, and variance analysis.
• Perform and assist development in financial forecasting and planning (budgeting).
• Track and monitor key revenue and cost information.
• Work closely and support business managers with reports and analyses to effectively steward their business.
• Create data presentation products i.e. reports, charts, dashboards, and scorecards.
• Provide improvement on current accounting/business processes.
• Research, identify and document the organization's reporting and information handling requirements, and provide recommendations related to improvement
• Research, identify and document the organization's business processes and controls, and provide recommendations related to improvement.
• Analyze, interpret, and provide commentary on financial results / operating performance to Business Units, and provide guidelines or recommendations relating to growth and/or cost control opportunities to insure the achievement of performance objectives and/or to improve current performance.
• Support routine Accounting functions:
• Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, CIP, Inventory
• Prepare assigned Quarterly Sarbanes Oxley Reports
• Maintain and prepare Balance Sheet account schedules & reconciliations, related Webforms & Corporate reports
• Book, review and post standard & non-standard adjusting journal entries, unbilled accruals, provisions; post customer AR invoices; verify & post inventory consumption; post monthly depreciation
• Gather, interpret, and report relevant business industry and performance data/information from internal and external sources.
• Support applicable operations/finance compliance initiatives.
• Assist in month/quarter/year-end close
• Special projects assigned
• Adhere to NOV shared values
• Comply with all NOV Company policies and procedures, Corporate directives, regulatory guidelines, generally accepted accounting principles and industry practices.
• Follow all the Company HSEMS, QMS, policies and procedures
Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the BU Regional Controller/Operations Managers or their designee.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or Economics
• CPA, CMA (or other Accounting Certification) is a plus
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• For internal hire or candidate (Within NOV) - At least 5 years progressive Accounting or Finance experience, or depends with the credentials and performance. Prior knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis is a plus.
• For external hire or candidate (Outside NOV):
- For Non-CPA/CMA, at least 7 years progressive Accounting or Finance experience, or depends with the credentials. Prior knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis; or prior working experience as a financial analyst is a plus.
- For CPA/CMA, at least 6 years Accounting or Finance experience, or depends with the credentials. Prior knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis; or prior working experience as a financial analyst is a plus.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Professional and maintain a respectful attitude at work
• Highly detail oriented, accurate, and organized in work
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skill
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from immediate manager to accomplish objectives
• Proficiency with email and advance skills on Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
• Ability to adapt easily to change, or flexible
• Technical know-how or knowledge of computer programs and systems or finance-related software systems or ERP
• Knowledge of budgeting and variance analysis.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
• Financial modeling expertise a plus
• Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
• May have prior experience performing SOX-compliance related activities
• Able to manage own workload efficiently
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - reading, writing and speaking skills:
• Can read, write and speak English
• Business Acumen
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Decision Quality
• Problem Solving
• Timely Decision Making
• Priority Setting
• Time Management
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Organizational Agility
• Political Savvy
• Presentation Skills
• Written Communication
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Customer Focus
• Peer Relationships or Teamwork
• Ethics and Values
• Integrity and Trust
• Dealing with Paradox
• Personal learning
• Work/Life Balance