Reporting to the CFO Asia & Middle East, the Middle East Financial Controller is the finance leader for the Middle East area and partners with area & country operational leaders to deliver results. The position is based in Dubai.
Working with the finance team and business operations, the Middle East Financial Controller is an active member of the senior finance leadership team and partners with country / area operational leaders to deliver results, including revenue growth, profit, cash, and DSO targets. The Middle East Financial Controller drives monthly and quarterly reporting cycles, performs complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and operating budgets, evaluates data, prepares forecasts, analyses trends and presents results pertaining to operations, general business conditions and other areas.
• Lead a team of professional accountants and oversee the area / countries / units financial performance.
• Manage P&L and Balance Sheets for all legal entities and prepare financial information in conformance with local & company s GAAP, work closely with the Asia & Middle East Controller.
• Implement internal controls and ensure financial compliance of the Middle East Business.
• Ensure that company policy and risk management procedures are understood and implemented.
• Produce financial results based on all projects in the area / countries, working to strict deadlines, closely monitoring operational performance milestones and metrics, while insuring the accuracy of financial reporting and the integrity of the financial reporting environment.
• Serve as a business advisor to drive business performance and process improvement with a view of improving margins, cash flow, and enhancing statutory and fiduciary compliance.
• Coordinate with the project accounting team to ensure timely and accurate preparation and upload of estimates at completion (EAC); validate the accuracy of revenue recognition at month end; coordinating responses to client audit requests; review significant project results and variances with the project accounting team, project managers and operational leadership teams.
• Actively participate in major project reviews; provide guidance on teaming arrangement and JVs.
• Manage working capital and related reporting, ensure implementation of working capital processes developed at the Asia & Middle East level in order to meet DSO and cash flow objectives, work with operations on driving favourable commercial terms on contracts; train staff in the business of effective working capital practices and instil a cash culture.
• Identify financial risks and opportunities in the area / countries and develop plans to mitigate and manage them.
• Provide oversight on major proposals from a pricing, cash flow, and risk perspective.
• Lead the monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and strategic planning processes.
• Engage in planning of capital expenditures and seek cost effective solutions, implement a return on investment mentality in the business.
• Serve as the finance contact on all potential countries investments and/or acquisitions.
• Coordinate with other functional departments (Legal, Tax, HR, etc.) on issues related to business activities.
• Create a motivational work environment for team members and foster responsibility and accountability, and acknowledge strong performance and achievements.
• Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Possesses recognized Professional Accounting Qualification
• The successful candidate has 10+ years relevant work experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
• Strong understanding of POC / T&M revenue recognition and Estimate at Completion principles.
• Experience specifically within the engineering consulting or construction industries would be an asset.
• The successful candidate is someone who likes to get out from behind the desk and get involved in the business.
• Can do attitude
• Ability to partner with Operations and gain respect of non-finance parts of the organization
• Strong relationship builder and developer
• Strategic and entrepreneurial