Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Fire Systems Supervisor
The Fire Systems Supervisor will be based at one of three PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for directing a staff of foreign national employees to successfully operate, maintain, and repair all Fire Alarm Systems and accessory systems for building interiors and exteriors. The Fire Systems Supervisor will report to the O&M Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Inspect, test, maintain, and repair installed fire alarm detection and suppression systems in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and National Fire Protection Association standards (NFPA).
• Inspect and test Ansul Hood suppression systems.
• Inspect all fire extinguishers as required by NFPA.
• Perform tests on all exterior and interior indicating devices including audio speakers, strobes, bells, horns, pull stations.
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: o Three (3) years experience as a Journeyman Fire Alarm System Mechanic. o One (1) year experience with National Fire Protection Association standards.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: o Knowledge of applicable US Codes and accepted trade practices.
• Good organizational, time management, and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective
• Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel. o Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED.
• Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Certified for the installed Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems to include but not limited to Notifier and Ansul, or, be willing to obtain needed certifications under PAE s terms and conditions.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Previous supervisory experience in an OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce is desirable.
• Relevant overseas fire alarm experience.
• Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a plus.
• Experience working with PAE.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/5055 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement