The Fitness Center Clerk/Trainer is responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks for operation of 24/7 fitness facilities. Services provided include: fitness instructional classes and personal training, basic facility & equipment maintenance, sports leagues, special events, incentive programs and other supporting activities as specified in the Performance Work Statement. The Fitness Center Clerk/Trainer reports to the Fitness Center Manager and Lead Fitness Center Clerk.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
• Responsible for the day-to-day execution of Fitness Center Services as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
• Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team and providing clean, friendly and well maintained fitness centers.
• Shall conduct group training and personal training sessions.
• Facilitate sports leagues, special events, incentive programs and other supporting activities.
• Responsible for the maintenance and condition of the equipment in the facility. Shall maintain procedures for tracking and issuing fitness/sports equipment to guests.
• Provides clean jerseys and towels to authorized fitness guests.
• Completes weekly inspections of fitness and sports equipment, fields and facilities and documents discrepancies and forwards to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Ensure bottled water is stocked in refrigeration units and clean weekly.
• Pick up trash and other items left behind by guests as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
• Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
• Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
• Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
• Standard gym equipment and basic cleaning supplies.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required . Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
• Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
• Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
• Current or equivalent American Red Cross CPR/AED and first aid certification
• Must be certified in Personal Training or Group Instructor classes such as step aerobics, cross fit, spin, etc.) and accredited by one or more of the following certifying bodies: NASM (National Academy of sports medicine); ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association); ACE (American Council on Exercise); ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine); NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
Must have valid Passport
Pass host country vetting requirements
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
• Must be able to pass employment qualification requirements that include medical, dental, drug testing, and background checks.
• A minimum of one year of working in a health club setting. Experience to include: leading group instructional classes, personal training sessions, knowledge of intramural sports rules and excellent customer satisfaction results.
Good communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Facility Management
Functional Area: Other
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent