Position Start Date : Middle of February 2020
Duration : 12 months, to be confirmed if funding available
Location : Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014 with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate and in October 2015 launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since these first interventions, Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across four Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh and Al-Anbar) with operations in the two latter districts since 2017 as Tdh followed the frontlines to provide emergency assistance. Tdh was the first INGO to have field offices in Tikrit, Shirqat, Tal Afar and Anah.
Under the supervision of the Admin/Finance Coordinator, the Flying Administrator provides support to administrative, accounting and financial management in all bases, in compliance with donor and Tdh procedures. S/he is in charge of training the staff concerning admin, accounting and finance. S/he supervises accounting operations and cash management and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
Training and Compliance management
• Assists in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
• Defines the needs of training of each base
• Ensure adequate training & Capacity building to the field on Tdh institutional polices and Donors Procedures
• Ensure all partners are trained and respect internal and donors procedures
• Provide professional trainings to all staff, specially to budget holders on FMT/BFU updates
• Assist in the preparation of the audit, conduct an internal evaluation
• Manages cash-flow, supervises the safe and cash boxes, and ensures that cash policy is well respected
• Supervises account keeping and verifies budgetary allocation/codification
• Monitors the security of funds
• Prepares and supervises the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting
• Updates CCP/allocation boards
• Formulates cash-flow forecasts with the Logistics and Program Managers
• Updates and analyses budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
• Support the Administrative Coordinator in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits
Administrative management of personnel
• Ensure implementation and respect of HR processes
• Supervises the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring
• Ensures that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
• Education : Professional diploma or university degree in Finance. Accounting or Business Administration
• Language : Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
• Experiences and aptitudes : At least 2 years of experience in a similar position and previous experiences with NGOs is mandatory
• Knowledge of SAGA
• Financial reporting and knowledge of donor guidelines (ECHO, OFDA, OCHA, SDC, UNICEF, BPRM, DRL, MoFA of the Netherlands)
• Strong leadership with excellent communication, management, reporting and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
• A commitment to excellence; attention to detail
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 2 950 CHF (~2 550 ) 4 300 CHF (~3 700 ) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
• Fully complies with Tdh s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
• Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
• Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?