Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests. Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Operate standard office equipment other than computers. Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail. Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc. Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Director
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent.
• At least one year of related work experience.
• No supervisory experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Policies and Procedures
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
• Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
• Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
• Transmit information or documents using a computer.
• Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from guests.
• Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Transmit information or documents using mail, or facsimile machine.
• Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :