To assist and enable employees under your control to consistently achieve product and service delivery standard and ensure a high degree of guest care. To comply with All Day Dining restaurant policies and procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
As an all-day-dining Supervisor you are responsible to supervise and head the service operation within the Feast restaurant, aiming for the highest possible customer satisfaction, cost efficiency and profitability.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental communication meetings for share with the associates all relevant information such as occupancy, menu changes, daily schedule and work assignments and good appearance of him/herself and his/her subordinates
• Monitor duty schedules for the respective team
• Report any damage or maintenance defects report cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate Manager
• Personally respond to all complaints and communicate them to the Feast Manager.
• Excellent knowledge of the All Day Dining menu in order to answer guests queries
• Attend regular training sessions according to Training plan
• Maintain strict control of stocks and be able to account for all stock distributed
• Responsible for all the keys/access cards
• Performs any other duties as requested by the All Day Dining Manager and Assistant Manager
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel such as provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, delivering orders, bussing, general clerical/cashier duties and service support to other dining venues when requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when necessary;
• Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer;
• Ability to dialogue informally and effectively with all co-workers, in one-on-one or small group settings, through clear articulation of ideas and active listening;
• Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations;
• Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages;
• Must possess basic computational ability;
• Must possess basic computer skills;
• Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, food cost and other expenses.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
•Have the ability to effectively communicate with other departments;
•Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards;
•Possess superior analytical skills;
•Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
•Have the awareness of maximizing the returns to all stakeholders;
•Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations;
•Enjoy working in a team setting;
•Do build lasting relationships with internal and external customers;
•Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
•Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
•Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
•Uphold ethical business practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree required in addition to a minimum of three years food and beverage service background and with at least one-year restaurant management and one-year All Day Dining management.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
• This job often requires standing or walking for extended periods of time;
•This job often requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity;
• This job often requires to:
• Be able to lift up to 5.5kg on a regular and continuing basis;
• Be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 11kg frequently;
• Be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 90kg occasionally.
• Be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
•This job requires operating computers and computerized equipment.
•This job may require you to work on holidays and/ or weekends;
•This job may require you to work a shift other than a day shift, including first, second, and swing or overnight shift;
•This job often requires extended hours beyond a typical work week;
•This job requires you to conform to a conservative, formal grooming, attire and jewelry policy that will be monitored on a regular basis and may be addressed as seen fit by your manager;
•Sheraton Grand Hotel has a very strong commitment to safety and requires that you follow safety procedures closely;
•Our hotel has a no-tolerance policy regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment, and requires that you follow our anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
• This job requires a well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.