PRIMARY FUNCTION:Performs hands on the service activities in the outlet aiming for the highest possible customer satisfaction. P romotes coffee consumption by educating customers, preparing and serving a variety of coffee and drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
KEY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Understand and knowledge the trendy coffee trends.
• Understanding of caf /coffee equipment and maintenance
• Make and serve specialty coffee with art and tea beverages.
• Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
• Replace coffee that doesn t meet customer s satisfaction
• Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
• Prepare and serve beverages like coffee, blended coffees, espresso drinks, and teas whether hot or cold.
• Describe items on the menu to customers ability to make suggestions to guests
• Suggest products that might appeal to customers
• Order, receive, and/ or stock supplies for coffee making
• Processes all orders and collects payment from customers, and provides assistance in food & beverage areas including busing, cleaning, resetting tables, and delivering food to guests.
• 100% cash accuracy works with cash office to correct deficiencies immediately
• Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service
• Knowledge of all F&B standard operating procedures, quality presentation, and service and products
• Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
• Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
• Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
• Dismantle machinery and clean appropriately as the need arises
• Ensure work area is clean and sanitized, including sanitizing utensils, or equipment.
• Pick-up trays, clean tables and seating areas as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
• Enhance food and beverage sales through the art of suggestive up selling.
• Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
• Answer any inquiries from customers as regards beverage menu and how it is prepared.
• Educate customers on current promotions and new products.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals.
• Comply with Courtyard by Marriott s quality assurance expectations and standards and HACCP standards.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
• Stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
• Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Provides information to immediate supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and/or Managers.
Experience, Education & Competencies
• Diploma in Hotel Management or Tourism or any equivalent is desirable.
• Minimum of 1-year experience in 4 to 5 star in a similar role and/or minimum of six months On the Job Training in Food & Beverage section.
• Previous Barista experience and facility with a wide range of coffee and food service terminology
• Technically sound for coffee art.
• Competent Word, Excel, Cashiering, able to operate Micros system and hotel PMS
• Highest Guest Service Orientation.
• Ability to actively listen and verbally communicate with a wide range of people daily
• Keen awareness of the value customer service
• Competent in written and verbal communication
• Able to work under pressure and on shift schedule
• Salesmanship and socially confident