NOVOTEL Sharjah Expo
Designed for natural living Novotel, the AccorHotels group s mid-scale brand, has nearly 496 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, located at the heart of major international cities, in business areas and tourist destinations. With a homogeneousnbspservice in all its hotels, Novotelnbspcontributes to the well-being of business and leisure travellers: spacious and adaptable rooms, balanced meals 24/7, meeting rooms, caring staff, dedicated children s areas and fitness rooms.nbspNovotel hotels are also pioneers of sustainable development by participating in the Green globe global certification programme.
To function as the Business Manager and a Marketing Specialist for the Food & Beverage Department and to ensure the various outlets and banquets operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standards of the hotel.
• To co-ordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi Tasking.
• To assist in ensuring that each Food & Beverage outlet is managed successfully as independent profit center.
• To assist in ensuring that each outlet is managed by a Management Team (Restaurant/Outlet Manager / Executive Chef) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
• To set, in close conjunction with each Restaurant / Outlets Manager, annual operating budgets, which will form part of the Hotel s Annual Business Plan.
• To establish an integrated cost management plan through product lining, minimal inventories, joint procurement with sister hotels, Delivery on Demand where possible and cost effectiveness.
• To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
• To monitor all costs and recommend / institute measures to control them.
• To prepare monthly forecasts and schedule resources accordingly.
• Responsible for the overall operation and co-ordination of various Food & Beverage outlets of the hotel. Such as all-day dining, Pastry shops, a Room Service, Restaurants and meeting rooms.
• To ensure that all the outlets are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
• To establish, implement and control performance of the F&B service talents in Restaurants and Bars so as to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards, minimize Operating Equipment breakage, streamlined, efficient resource and equipment flows.
• To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet as a wholenbspby ensuring that all equipments are working properly and all talents are trained to work safely with it.
• Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• To check that there is an efficient organization of the work for all F&B outlets ensuring that the information is correctly transmitted to all talents
• To take part with the Executive Chef in the elaboration of the menus and all document related to them.
• Minimum of 3- 5 year's UAE experience in Hospitality Industrynbspfor the same position
• Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
• Communication skills: PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
• Languages: fluent in English and the national language, a 3rd language will be a plus.
• Significant experience in a customer-service position
• Ability to train and develop talents
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take iniatitive
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
• Preferably Arabic Speaker
Contact: Talent and Culture Team
Job ID: 82583807